Chapter 7: Vermin-infested halls

Wouter's White Box Game
kwll

Re: Chapter 7: Vermin-infested halls

Post by kwll »

Lisglen nods, not wishing to make more noise than necessary.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Unnoticed by the spiders the party quietly retreats and Lisglen softly closes the door behind them. Back at the junction, the eastbound corridor turns north after 6 m, then immediately east for 6 m and again north, ending at a door after another 6 m. Memphisto concludes from his map that the door must lead to the room with the dracoharpies you encountered before.

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

“Dammit,” Dahl grumbles.

“Let me see that thing,” he says to Memphisto, craning his neck over to see the map in the flickering light. “Those maddening creatures in there were on a wardrobe, probably a secret door that leads to the southeastern chambers of this floor. And around the corner in that room, maybe a staircase down to the third level?”

Dahl shakes his head. “Do you guys have any magic you think will help against those ghastly monsters?”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto smiles, "No, I have a better idea. All we need is someone fleet of foot...oh and 50 feet of rope. Oh, Freda? I have a little task for you..."

Memphisto has a brilliant idea to flush the harpies out. The bulk of the party will stay put at the the southern door to the room (where we currently are located). Several party members will "volunteer" to travel to the other door. They will fasten rope to the door in a way that it may be pulled shut. Next, they shall open the door and raise all kinds of commotion to attract the harpies. When the harpies fly through the door, they will pull it shut and run! The harpies will in no way be as swift as our fastest runners. We shall await their signal and then open the southern door allowing all to escape inside the harpy room, thus shutting them out. When we are ready to leave, we will just reverse the procedure...opening one door to let the harpies in while we exit the other..."

Either this proves Memphisto is a dangerous man or a genius!

"Or, I could just try to Sleep them as we go into the room." :lol:

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl grins. “Good thinking, friend. That bit about the rope makes the plan tenable. As success depends on opening the doors, especially this one potentially, I think Van should be among those who remain here. I can be among those who go to the other door. And with Albin here wounded, I think Holger is perhaps the best to accompany me,” Dahl looks to Holger, “if he agrees, of course.”

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Holger nods hesitantly at Dahl's words. "Of course I will stand on your side as if you were my brother, but are you sure we can outrun those dracoharpies?" He asks.

kwll

Post by kwll »

"That's a daring plan, my friend. But are you sure the harpies can be tricked into leaving the room? And if they do, remember that they spit a foul acidic liquid which might hurt badly the runners!" warns Lisglen

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto/b]

"Then...perhaps, we build a giant badger..."

OOC--actually, I'm trying to think of a way to use the two doors to our advantage. If we could get the dracoharpies out one door, we could go in through the other and lock them out. Any ideas?

kwll

Post by kwll »

"Another way is to find a way to find something to protect ourselves from their spitting weapon, and face them in combat. I have some prayers which can protect us from evil, but I am not sure it will make us immune to it." says Lisglen, his chin high. After some thinking, he adds: "Maybe I can be the runner, while using this protecting prayer?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto

"Green hides may protect us from the worst of the acid...I know they are used in warfare against fire attacks. Regardless, if we could split the monsters into two groups then we'd have an easier time dispatching them."