Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Wouter's White Box Game

Moderator: Wouter

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby Etarr_the_Good » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:46 pm

"Ambush!", yells Balthus. He moves in to attack a giant rat that just attacked the party.
User avatar
Etarr_the_Good
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby RhinoDino1973 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Van grunts, muttering under his breath, "Typical. I just want to get the hell out of here before someone else dies."

Van will attack rats.
User avatar
RhinoDino1973
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby jcftao » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 am

Memphisto will try to pull out some iron rations and toss them at the rats, "Run!" he yells.

OOC--retreat is our best course here, fellas!
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby kwll » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Lisglen's first reaction is to grab his weapon and smash the rat which bit him, while yelling "Bloody hell!". Then he sees how many they are, and hears Memphisto's call. He still decides to smash!
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000
kwll
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby Wouter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Albin gropes for his torch as Memphisto starts rummaging in this backpack for his rations. Van takes a big swing with his battle axe and mortally wounds one of the giant rats. He swings it another time, but the rats moved out of his reach and remain unharmed. Balthus' longsword initially misses the giant rat that's closing in on the wizard scrabbling for his provisions , but he manages to skewer it onto the tip of his blade with a well-aimed, firm thrust just before the rat gets the chance to attack. Lisglen's desperate sweep with his staff is futile as the rats easily dodge it.

In the meanwhile Memphisto has grabbed a handful of rations and throws it into the far corner of the room, and not without the desired effect! The giant rats are all immediately distracted by the fragrant food en dive onto it like flies onto honey. The victuals will keep the vermin busy for some time but at their frantic devouring rate it will not take too long before the adventurers will be the target of their hunger once more...

Please declare your actions for the next combat round... Will you fight or flee..?

Combat mechanics
Initiative
  • Friends... 1d6 = 6
  • Foes... 1d6 = 3
Melee
  • Friends
    • Lisglen: staff attack... 1d20 = 5 => MISS
    • Van: battle axe attack... 1d20 + 2 = 17 => HIT for 1d6 + 2 = 6 damage on Giant rat #4
    • Van: battle axe attack... 1d20 + 2 = 4 => MISS
    • Balthus: longsword attack... 1d20 + 2 = 9 => MISS
    • Balthus: longsword attack... 1d20 + 2 = 15 => HIT for 1d6 + 2 = 7 damage on Giant rat #5
  • Foes
    • Giant rat #1: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 5 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #2: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 13 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #3: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 6 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #6: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 4 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #7: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 6 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #8: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 12 => FAIL
    • Giant rat #9: save versus temptation of food... 1d20 = 9 => FAIL

Status
Code: Select all
Friends                                Foes

#  Name               HP    Status     #  Monster     Dmg.  Status
----------------------------------     ---------------------------
1  Dahl Kolla         7/ 7             1  Giant rat
2  Memphisto          3/ 6             2  Giant rat
3  Lisglen the Sage   5/10             3  Giant rat
4  Van Illundra       7/ 7             4  Giant rat      6  DEAD
5  Holger             7/ 7             5  Giant rat      7  DEAD
6  Balthus            7/ 7             6  Giant rat
7  Albin              1/ 7             7  Giant rat
                                       8  Giant rat
                                       9  Giant rat
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby Etarr_the_Good » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:55 pm

"Great thinking, my lord. Now's our chance to escape!", exclaims Balthus.

Flee!
User avatar
Etarr_the_Good
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby jcftao » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Memphisto yells, "Let's get out of here!"
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby Wouter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 pm

Flee it is! While the giant rats are gorging on the rations the party quickly slips past them onto the stairs leading up into the Abandoned Lab. From the top of the stairs it's only a short way to the stairs leading to the trap door: Dahl and Van put their shoulders to the cold, heavy wood and resolutely push it open, allowing the adventurers to escape the dungeon and breath in the fresh air once again...

There is no sun to be seen and no sounds of birds to be heard. Having spent so much time underground and having had a rest in between, track of time was slowly lost and from the position of the stars Albin concludes it must be maybe half an hour after midnight. It is pitch dark and the surrounding forest looks intimidating and ominous: all is eerily quiet and black as ink...
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby kwll » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:29 pm

"Better not dwell in these parts. Even in the dark, the True Light will light our path." says Lisglen frowning, before leading the march.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000
kwll
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Postby jcftao » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:13 am

Memphisto will ask Lisglen if he could bind his wounds. Rat bites are nothing to scoff at!

"We need to get some miles between us and this accursed dungeon! I promised poor Freda that we would bury her somewhere green and pleasant...I will not rest until this is done!"

OOC--now he wants to go back to the Inn to get some rest! :lol:
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Call of the Xul

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron