Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Wouter's White Box Game
Wouter

Re: Chapter 8: Forgotten Ossuaries

Post by Wouter »

Freda nods, then takes a candle from her backpack and lights it with Albin's torch. She starts making her way down the south hall, the flickering flame disappearing into the darkness. Minutes pass while nothing but the soft crackling of the torch can be heard when suddenly a scream - unmistakably Freda's halfling shriek - pierces the dungeon halls. After the echoes die out a soft, distant moaning can be heard coming from the south corridor...

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto will grab Albin's torch and move quickly down the corridor to find Freda.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Memphisto rushes down the southbound hall, the rest of the party following in his trail. At the T-intersection they stop to look to the left (east): a 3 m wide corridor disappears into the darkness after 12 m. To the right (west) a passageway runs for 12 m and then turns right (north). Down the middle of the hallway is a hole in the floor from which the moaning sounds seem to be emanating...

kwll

Post by kwll »

"Damn! Again..." complains Lisglen while approaching the hole, afraid to discover what's at the bottom of it.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

At the bottom of the 3 m deep hole sits Freda, from the looks of it quite severely injured: "Damn traps... I should have been more careful..." She mumbles as she checks for any broken bones and looks up at the adventurers standing around the hole. "Can someone throw me an end of rope so I can get out of this dank pit?" She grumbles as she slowly scrambles to her feet.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen brings out the rope in his bag and attaches it to himself, then throws the other end to Freda. He will request the help of his mates to pull her out of the pit.

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl will help hoist the halfling.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

With the help of Dahl, Lisglen manages to pull the halfling up. "I'm alright, thanks for pulling me out..." Freda mutters with a grim face as she dusts her clothes.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

Van says, "Damn, I wonder what heard that . . ."

kwll

Post by kwll »

"Where do we go now?" asks Lisglen while folding his rope back into his pack.