Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Wouter's White Box Game

Moderator: Wouter

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby kwll » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:28 pm

If ever a group spontaneously decides to go and fetch Freda's corpse while the wizard writes his scroll, Lisglen will follow.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000
kwll
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby jcftao » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Ok, let's go back and get Freda's body. I can write the scroll when we return.
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby Etarr_the_Good » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Balthus would like to buy some rations and a shield if possible. (OCC: not sure if any gp was gained yet).
User avatar
Etarr_the_Good
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby jcftao » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 am

Memphisto will give Balthus some of his share to cover his gear if needed. Finnur is sitting on enough wealth to make that possible.
User avatar
jcftao
 
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby Wouter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Etarr_the_Good wrote:Balthus would like to buy some rations and a shield if possible. (OCC: not sure if any gp was gained yet).

I already processed your request for rations and deduced the corresponding amount of coins from the stash, as mentioned in this post earlier. I assume you mean you wish to buy the shield that is offered to Balthus by Hajdar without further bargaining: it turns out to be a magical shield + 1 (which explains it being so expensive)! Congratulations on this fine purchase.

All: is it decided then that Memphisto stays in Jodcar to finish writing his scroll while the others return to Kal-Dokk's lair to collect Freda's remains? If so, I intend to fast-forward through this part so that Memphisto won't be out of the game. Remember that if you decide to leave the magic-user behind and you happen to run into any wandering monsters, you'll have to deal with that without the powerful second level wizard on your side ;)
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby RhinoDino1973 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 pm

OOC: My thought was to retrieve Freda's body before something else does, allowing the powerful wizard to begin his scroll work. We wouldn't be gone long. What could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
RhinoDino1973
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby Wouter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:53 pm

As the wizard starts his studies on writing a scroll of Sleep, the rest of the party heads back to the old tower of Kal-Dokk to retrieve Freda’s body from the Forgotten Ossuaries. Just before noon they arrive at the clearing between the ruins and open the heavy trap door. Albin lights a torch and leads the way down the stairs below, then swiftly through the Vermin Infested labs and finally beyond the ancient door leading to the dusty charnel. Freda’s body lies right where the halfling was slain by the skeleton’s rusty blade. The pool of blood in which she lies dried up into a thick, reddish brown puddle: it takes quite the effort to pull up her lifeless body and gently drape it around Holger’s shoulders...

The journey so far has been without any delay but on the way back to the upper level disaster strikes: nine Giant Rats, one of them having a strange, eerie glow to its fur, slightly and rather slowly pulsating in intensity, await them between the stairs leading up to the Abandoned Lab and the stairs leading further up to the outside world. The vermin doesn't seem to be aware of the presence of the adventurers just yet: apparently they haven’t caught onto the scent of Freda’s decomposing body...

Please declare your actions for the surprise combat round...

Wandering monster encounter
  • Rolling for monster type... 1d6 = 6 ==> Giant Rats
  • Rolling for # appearing... 3d6 = 9
  • Suprise
    • Friends... 1d6 = 6
    • Foes... 1d6 = 2
    The Giant Rats are surprised and so the party gets a free round of combat

Status
Code: Select all
Friends                                Foes

#  Name               HP    Status     #  Monster     Dmg.  Status
----------------------------------     ----------------------------
1  Dahl Kolla         8/ 8             1  Giant Rat         Glowing
2  Lisglen the Sage  10/10             2  Giant Rat
3  Van Illundra       9/ 9             3  Giant Rat
4  Holger             7/ 7             4  Giant Rat
5  Balthus            7/ 7             5  Giant Rat
7  Albin              7/ 7             6  Giant Rat
                                       7  Giant Rat
                                       8  Giant Rat
                                       9  Giant Rat
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby kwll » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:23 pm

"Fight or flight?" whispers Lisglen.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000
kwll
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby Etarr_the_Good » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Balthus asks in a whisper, "is there another way to the surface?"
User avatar
Etarr_the_Good
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Postby Wouter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 am

The trapdoor seems to be the only way out. Still waiting for input from the other players!
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Call of the Xul

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron