Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Wouter's White Box Game
kwll

Re: Chapter 9: A well-deserved rest

Post by kwll »

Lisglen suggests that the party leaves the 8 gems pouch with Finnur. He will ask to keep the 'Raise Dead' scroll. He will also look to buy 5 days worth of food, and prayed for a CLW spell again before sleeping.
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

kwll wrote:Lisglen suggests that the party leaves the 8 gems pouch with Finnur. He will ask to keep the 'Raise Dead' scroll. He will also look to buy 5 days worth of food, and prayed for a CLW spell again before sleeping.
Do I understand correctly that Lisglen will hold on to the scroll? The five days worth of rations will cost 5 gp.

Etarr_the_Good

Post by Etarr_the_Good »

OCC: I am not sure of Balthus' current coins. He would like to buy rations and a shield, unless another torch bearer is needed.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Wouter wrote:
kwll wrote:Lisglen suggests that the party leaves the 8 gems pouch with Finnur. He will ask to keep the 'Raise Dead' scroll. He will also look to buy 5 days worth of food, and prayed for a CLW spell again before sleeping.
Do I understand correctly that Lisglen will hold on to the scroll? The five days worth of rations will cost 5 gp.
[OOC: Yes, that is what I asked. As for the coins, Lisglen does not seem to have any (because of a vow of poverty perhaps), but maybe he can use one gem and keep the change for himself?]

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

For now I'll deduce all expenses for restocking and extra equipment from the stash kept by Finnur, unless someone explicitly objects to that. The gems and sapphire could be traded with Randoul the merchant for coins, but keep in mind that this will take some bargaining and you might not cut a good deal unless you play it right...
Etarr_the_Good wrote:OCC: I am not sure of Balthus' current coins. He would like to buy rations and a shield, unless another torch bearer is needed.
I'll assume 5 days worth of rations will be sufficient, this will be 5 gp. Hajdar the blacksmith does in fact sell a pretty nice looking shield: it's made of brushed black steel and the edges are lined with silver strips. A silver relief of a eagle is displayed in the center.

"Light as a feather and sturdy as a rock! Aye, this is genuine old-fashioned dwarven craftsmanship you're looking at right there, especially made for dauntless warriors like yourself. For as little as 25 gold pieces it can indeed be yours, and I'm cuttin' me own throat here!" Commends Hajdar.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto speaks with the others to argue in favor of spending one week in town. This will allow him to create a scroll of sleep.

An extra spell may be a game changer next time! :D

Also, Memphisto will purchase 5 days iron rations and 5 flasks of oil and 3 more torches.

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen is split between the idea of taking the time to heal everybody or hurry back to the dungeon to put Freda to her final rest. He will not oppose the group, whatever is decided.
Last edited by kwll on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

jcftao wrote:...Memphisto will purchase 5 days iron rations and 5 flasks of oil and 3 more torches.
That will be 25 gold pieces and 5 silver pieces. I've throw together all coins for Finnur to keep safe: the party thus has a total of 85 gold pieces and 1,449 silver pieces left (and the 8 gems and the sapphire, of course).

All: please let me know whether you concur with staying in town for a week to rest up and allow Memphisto write his scroll of sleep. Also let me know if you want to pocket some coins from the stash or may bring along some of the other stuff you found in the dungeon.

Etarr_the_Good: please let me know if you want to buy the dwarf-made shield for 25 gold pieces. It looks pretty good, but the price does seem a bit steep and who knows: maybe there's some room for bargaining ;)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto would prefer to create a scroll and rest. If we decide to do that, he will take a longer look at the scroll FEAR NOT THE TIGER and also at the scrap of parchment.

RhinoDino1973

Post by RhinoDino1973 »

OOC: Well, the rest of us could go back and get Freda while the wizard writes his scroll.