Chapter 1: The Village of Jodcar

Wouter's White Box Game
jcftao

Re: Chapter 1: the Village of Jodcar

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto tries once again to produce a gold coin from thin air. This time it bobbles a bit, but he does it. With a half-hearted grin, he says, "Bring my friend, Lisglen, whatever he'd like to imbibe. Tonight, good fortune is smiling on us three!"

"Gentlemen, I value Holgar's experience with arms, but I am troubled by the lack of same experience with the youngsters. I don't want to be responsible for sending them to an early grave. What do you think? And if Holgar wishes for a share of the treasure, he must prove his mettle. Torchbearers and shield carriers are one thing, but if this man can truly fight, then I'd be willing to give him a portion, albeit not an equal share just yet."

"What say you? 1/8 of a share or at most 1/2 of a share? Either way, it will add up to more than the weekly pay for a man-at-arms."

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl Kolla raises his mug, grins, and toasts, “To good fortune!”

“Albin and Finnur may well prove more trouble than they are worth, but let us wait till morning to pass judgment. Sober, they may seem more capable. As for shares, I wish not to offend Holgar. Shall we start, then, by offering a half share? Or a full share if he brings—and we three agree to accept—the two apprentices?”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto nods, "Agreed! That sounds like a solid plan. Now, let us eat our fill and drink too much. Lisglen, if your coin purse is light, we will use what is left of mine. Tomorrow, we will both need larger coin purses...maybe even pack mules to haul our treasure!"

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl Kolla lets out a hearty laugh. When the drinks arrive, he will again make a toast “To mules to haul our treasure!” When there is a quiet moment, he will suggest, “Before we go, I should like to discuss with Giles the catacombs and what else might possibly lie beyond the trapdoor. He may have heard some things. And since it seems he was once an adventurer, perhaps he was even down there at one point. If nothing else, we can thank him for his and his wife’s hospitality!”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto nods in agreement, "Excellent idea. I would also ask of them about the locals in this town, especially any with healing or arcane skills. I believe that we will need all types of allies before this adventure concludes."

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

Dahl Kolla smiles and raises his mug yet again, “To allies!”

kwll

Post by kwll »

Lisglen was not in a cheering mood at first, but seeing his companions exulting is contagious and soon he starts to smile. "Thanks for the drink, Memphisto. I know our endeavor is probably more dangerous than it seems, but a least for today let's share the joy and hope for a bright success!"
Lisglen lvl 2 Human Cleric HP 7/10 XP 2860/3000

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

After they clumsily get up from their chairs, Holger prods Albin and Finnur towards the exit of the inn: "Till tomorrow, then! Don't worry about these two, I'll make sure they won't disappoint you... Off to bed, you boozers!" he says as they leave in a noisily manner.

Giles comes over to collect your mugs while his wife is serving the other customers. He seems like a jovial fellow, up for for a laugh or two, and he looks like he got his share of action when he was younger, as is shown by the three parallel scars that run from his left ear, along his jaw, down to his breast bone. "Old Kall-Dokk's ruins, eh?" he laughs as he pulls out a chair to join you, "Can't say I've ever ventured down there," he reluctantly admits. "It is said that there's a demon in the dungeon that can walk through walls..." He shakes his head and smiles a little: "There are quite a few crazy stories out there about the place... What do you say we have a drink to help me remember?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Memphisto smiles, "Certainly! Let us have a round of drinks!"
He fumbles for his coin purse, hoping that his supply of gold will hold out a little bit longer. Tomorrow will be a prosperous day, he muses.

Memphisto turns to Giles, "Now, sir, tell us of your adventures. What you convey to us may save our lives someday."

Magremore

Post by Magremore »

With a bit of a dumb twinkle in his eye, Dahl returns Lisglen’s smile. “Truly, you are a wiser man than I!”

. . .

And meanwhile, Dahl stands ready with a gp or two, should his coin be needed for Giles to remember more.