Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Thu May 11, 2017 5:35 am

OOC I see I need to make a ruling. The tunnel appears a tight fit and at times it will be chest and back to the walls and crab walking for humans in most areas. No weapons that use swinging, i.e. clubs, flails, hammers and maces in general. No long reach weapons such as polearms. No bows. Swords for thrusting only, -4 to hit. Daggers and light crossbows suffer no penalties.

No shield bonus to AC, no oil flask bombs
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Thu May 11, 2017 5:48 am

Yikes :o

"Let's send in Asil first." Yilmaz suggests. "A young boy like he can more easily crawl through a narrow passage like this. Let him tie the rope around his waste, take a torch, and see what lies beyond."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 am

Seconded :o

Deccon slides a dagger from his belt, the metal hissing against the sheathe. He flips it easily in the air and offers it hilt first to Asil "Take this with you boy, there's no telling what's to be found in those tunnels."
The big man then removes his shield and props it against the wall next to his sword. He unslings his light x-bow crossbow and loads a bolt "And don't worry, I'll be right behind you...as far as I can fit anyway. Yilmaz, Loren, keep a watch over my gear and give the rope a good tug if anything unsavoury approaches. I'll be ready to hustle back if need be."
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat May 13, 2017 4:44 am

Wide eyed and obviously nervous, Asil takes the dagger in hand, holding it in a manner that suggested his proficiency with such a weapon was, well...nil. With torch held ahead of him, he crouches and slips into the narrow space before being followed by Deccon. It isn't that far until the narrow passage splits in two. Asil turns his head to Deccon and whispers, "Which way?"

Image


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 am

Are there any tracks or other signs of passage that might indicate which way Bors went? How about any noise from either direction or draughts of air?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat May 13, 2017 10:06 pm

klarkash-ton wrote:Are there any tracks or other signs of passage that might indicate which way Bors went?


No

klarkash-ton wrote:How about any noise from either direction or draughts of air?


You and Asil can hear something faint coming from both directions in front of you; snarling perhaps, something snapping sharply?


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sun May 14, 2017 1:28 am

"Get behind me boy, and keep that torch shining ahead, it sounds like Bors is in trouble!"

Deccon takes the right hand branch, his X-bow up and ready to fire.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 am

Image

Crawling further along the tight twisting tunnel opens into a bigger one and both note the two tunnels open out here. A few feet more and a passage turns southwest and it appears there is a crude stairway going down.

Edging further on, the torchlight spills out into a chamber and a distressing scene unfolds for Deccon's eyes. Several large four-legged vermin are tearing greedily into the body of the dwarf. The face and neck has been chewed away and these critters are eating away at Bors' lifeless form. Nearby is a bloodied hammer and the body of one of the critters.

Surprise/Opponent: [1d6] = 5 Party [1d6] = 5

With the light spilling out over them, these critters look up with bloody snouts and beady eyes. You get a better look them and notice they are the BIGGEST rats you have ever laid eyes on. In all, there are 11 of them and look pretty stirred up!

initiative: Party [1d6] = 5 Enemy [1d6] = 1

Deccon and Asil react quicker than the giant rats...


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm

"Run back and get the others Asil, we're going to need Yilmaz's magic to triumph here" hisses Deccon in an urgent but controlled voice.

Deccon backs away from the grisly scene hoping that the lure of fresh meat keeps the rats occupied. If any of the rats pursue him down the tunnel he gives them a bolt to the face.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 am

Asil needs no prodding and scampers as fast as he can back the way he came.

Five of the big rats, sensing fresh prey turn to face the tunnel where Deccon is standing. Blood frenzied they start prowling toward Deccon, tails whipping while blood red teeth flash in the torchlight. Looks like you'll have to fire that bolt, or run.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Previous

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron