Chapter 1

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Tamerlaine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:56 am

The leader sees the signs of the cleric's faith and there's a hint of weary sadness, but only a hint. It is easy to see that he takes no joy or pleasure in his role, and surely there is a hidden hand to his actions and words. His ire is up and he draws the sword at his belt; a dull sliver of steel, nicked and not very well taken care of but it's enough to maim or kill a man.

"This is all the proof you need!" the leader growls, his face a rictus of anger and frustration. He backs up a couple of steps and points the blade at the party. "Kill 'em. We'll hang their bodies from the old oak, let everyone know Black Bowb means business."

The two men with polearms advance!

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 1 Enemy [1d6] = 5

Well, crud.

Skinny lad attacks Gormlaith, the fat one attacks Loren. Obviously they don't think Yilmaz and his servant are much of a threat.

Skinny lad attack: [1d20] = 20 Fat Man attack: [1d20] = 15

Full damage is done on a Natural 20, so Gormlaith takes 7 hp! A nasty hit, would've dropped most people.

Loren takes Polearm Dam: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2

Actions?

Brother Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/4
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/1
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Eris » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:47 am

Loren is surprised at the quick attack and doesn't get his shield off his back and his mace in hand before the pole arm cuts through his robes and past his chain mail shirt

"Grunt!" is all Loren can say before bringing his shield into position to defend himself.

Now that he has been attacked, though, Loren will use his shield to push the pole arm aside and try to step inside to deliver a blow to the fat man's head with his mace.

"Sol forgives you your transgressions!"Loren shouts as he leaps forward and swings his mace, "Throw down your arms and accept his forgiveness."

Loren Attacks Fat Man: [1d20] = 15

OOC: Is this how you want us to deal with the roll, or are you going to do all the rolls yourself?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Wouter » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:47 am

Yilmaz stands back a few paces and prepares to cast his Sleep spell, muttering the incantation and slowly raising his staff. Seeing that his partner takes a devastating blow he decides to cast it: "You'll be sorry you laid your hands on her!"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 1

Postby sexyhamster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 am

Yikes!

Somehow caught off guard, Gormlaith reels from the blow, almost falling to her knees. With a loud roar, she frees her sword and swings the heavy blade in a wide arc at the lanky young man who nearly did her in.

Two-Handed Sword Attk: [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19 Dam: [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5

Yeeessssssss
User avatar
sexyhamster
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:15 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Tamerlaine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:56 pm

Mace Dam: [1d6] = 3

I went ahead and rolled damage to speed things along. Check the OOC forum.

Loren's mace crashes down onto Fat Man's head with a sickening bone crunching thud. He falls to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

Gormlaith's terrible swing opens Acne Boy from shoulder to hip. The young lad shrieks in horror as his innards spill out, dying on the ground with a wide eyes and a slack jaw.

Yilmaz's spell is woven and takes hold of the presumed leader of this unlucky trio and he slowly sinks to the ground, curled up with a peaceful countenance on his face.


Actions?

Brother Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/4
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/1
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Eris » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Loren rushes over the injured woman, "Let me bind your wound."

Loren Binds A Wound: [1d4] = 1
"That's not much, but maybe it will help a little."says the young cleric, quietly, "I wish I had been able to do more for you."

Loren then goes to the fat man, then the young man and finally to the older man to see if they still live.
OOC: Can't bind wounds again, but I can give them last rites. As for the leader...

"This one still lives."Loren says, "I'll tie him up so we can take him into town with us. I wish these fellows had been reasonable and not attacked us."

Straightening, Loren grunts with pain. He presses his hand against his side where he is still bleeding and grimaces.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby sexyhamster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:28 pm

Staggering, Gormlaith nearly pushes the cleric away but finally relents as he binds her wound. Not one to offer thanks, she does give him a nod and in turn helps with his own injury.

Bind Wounds [1d4] = 4

'You have a name, then?" the barbarian asks as she tightens a bandage. "Aye, we tie that one up. Then we cut his belly and hang him from yon tree with his own entrails, that's what we'll do. Make an example of us?" She spits and smiles grimly. "No, we'll make an example of these brigands for everyone to see."

Then she chuckles. "Reckon we made an enemy of this 'Black Bowb.' It's good to have an enemy, keep you sharp and all. And you Old Man! I've got a powerful thirst for some ale and there's a barrel of the stuff with my name on it just yonder. Let me buy you a hotpot and an ale for our new friend here."
User avatar
sexyhamster
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:15 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Eris » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:38 pm

sexyhamster wrote:Staggering, Gormlaith nearly pushes the cleric away but finally relents as he binds her wound. Not one to offer thanks, she does give him a nod and in turn helps with his own injury.

Bind Wounds [1d4] = 4

'You have a name, then?" the barbarian asks as she tightens a bandage.


"Thank you!" Brother Loren says with a grimace that might be a smile,"I'm called Brother Loren Goodfellow, Acolyte of the Church of Sol, and you are?"

"Aye, we tie that one up. Then we cut his belly and hang him from yon tree with his own entrails, that's what we'll do. Make an example of us?" She spits and smiles grimly. "No, we'll make an example of these brigands for everyone to see."


"No, no!" Loren shakes his head, "We must take him into Wodbury and deliver him to the authorities there. They will give him his just deserts, I'm sure. That is the lawful thing to do. Besides they need to know about any bandits blocking their road and about this Black Bob...or whatever his name is. That is the right thing to do!"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Wouter » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:41 pm

"Well met, Loren Goodfellow!" says Yilmaz, politely nodding at Loren. "Your timing couldn't have been better!" he smiles. With a worrying look he then turns to Gormlaith: "Let me help you..."

Bind wounds: [1d4] = 2

"Feeling a bit better, my child?"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 1

Postby Eris » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:34 am

"Pleased to meet you, too, old one." Says Loren, "I'm only sorry our meeting resulted in violence."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron