Chapter 1

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
sexyhamster

Re: Chapter 1

Post by sexyhamster »

As she is binded, Gormlaith smiles through her pain as she claps a strong hand on Loren's shoulder. "Goodfellow, this is Yilmaz and yonder is Asil. I am Gormlaith, of the North. If ye won't string up yon bandit by his guts, so be it. Let's tie him up and make way into Wodbury for I've a thirst, man!"

Eris

Post by Eris »

sexyhamster wrote:As she is binded, Gormlaith smiles through her pain as she claps a strong hand on Loren's shoulder. "Goodfellow, this is Yilmaz and yonder is Asil. I am Gormlaith, of the North. If ye won't string up yon bandit by his guts, so be it. Let's tie him up and make way into Wodbury for I've a thirst, man!"
"Well met Gormlaith, Yilmaz and Asil, and my Sol's light be upon you!" the young cleric says with a slight bow.

"Yes, let's tie this man with rope. I have some in my pack, and take him to the authorities in Wodbury." Loren says adding with a grin, "I too have a thirst that a good ale might quench."

OOC: Once we get the man bound, I'm assuming we can wake him and lead him into the town. Are we going to try questioning him on the way into town?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz nods in agreement. "Once he is bound securely, let's wake him and try to get more information on this 'Black Bowb', from whom he apparently takes his orders, he mentioned. I suppose this is someone we don't want to run into after he finds out we... took care of his henchmen."

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Tied and bound thus, the man sons wakes up. Seeing his dead colleagues, his shoulders slump as he shakes his head, looking very much like a man in the wrong place at the wrong time. "I reckon I should thank you for letting me keep my hide, it's more than I deserve that's fer sure. Knew it was a mistake to side with Black Bowb, but I was hungry and on the run. Me name's Cauley. A deserter was I, a bloody Sergeant if ye can believe it. But I got tired of the constant fighting. I've been lucky, luckier than most but it was just a matter time before some arrow or sword put me down and there seemed to be no end of the fighting. Me last fight, it were something terrible. My company of foot caught with its pants down in an open field when heavy calvary showed up. It were a massacre. In the end, I simply gave up, ran as fast as I could for the trees. Somehow I made it and I never looked back. I was always running, for fear of getting caught. Me ol' lord has a way with dealing with deserters, draws and quarters them in front of the men.

No one wanted to help a deserter so I slept in the woods, in barns when I could. Had to steal to eat, but the war made pickings slim at best. I was wet, cold and damn hungry when I fell into Black Bowb's hands. Gave me shelter, a warm blanket, food and drink. But everything has a cost, eh? Soon I was one of his band, shaking down travelers and the like on the road. All I ever did was look mean and that was always enough when I had a couple others to back me up. I can't say the same for most of Black Bowb's gang, but I don't have any blood on me hands. That I swear on Sol's Light! Always thought about leaving the gang, but what I've seen Black Bowb do to those who try...I just couldn't. He's a right mean bastard. More so ever since that witch bewitched his mind. A woman from the southern climes, with dark skin and teeth filed to points. Sanuhra she's called, but 'she-devil' fit the bill better'n most. Black Bowb now has visions of granduer and looks to establish himself as lord of this valley. He doesn't have much of an army, being a band of no-good bandits, but this witch has got him parleying with some fell creatures. He's also got men looking for an old ruin where its said there is enough gold and treasure to pay for this army.

Look, I ain't one to beg though maybe I should be. I know my situation and I'd like to speak plainly. You're the first ones to resist Black Bowb's road 'tax.' He'll be looking for you as that is an affront he cannot abide. There's no law in Wodbury. Black Bowb took care of that and he's he law 'round here. My life is forfeit in his eyes as I failed him and that young one dead there was a cousin of his. If he ever gets ahold of me, I'll taste the whip till I die and that's the truth. Let me serve you, a blood debt. My sword with yours. I'm decent with blade and crossbow. Give me food and shelter and I'll serve you as long as you deem fit until such a time you which me released. On Sol's name I swear!"

Actions?

Brother Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/3
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

After hearing Cauley, Gormlaith lets loose with a loud braying laugh despite the pain it was causing her. "By Grimnir's beard! The irony! How the gods must hate me. This...this man who flops sides like a fish dropped onto the deck, to ask us this."

Holding out her arms and staring up at the sky, she can't help but chuckle. "Oh, Valfather, is this but a test!?"

Eris

Post by Eris »

sexyhamster wrote:After hearing Cauley, Gormlaith lets loose with a loud braying laugh despite the pain it was causing her. "By Grimnir's beard! The irony! How the gods must hate me. This...this man who flops sides like a fish dropped onto the deck, to ask us this."

Holding out her arms and staring up at the sky, she can't help but chuckle. "Oh, Valfather, is this but a test!?"
"I think he is being quite honest Gormlaith. I sense that in his speech and aura." Brother Loren says seriously, "I think we should consider his words carefully. If what he says is true, there won't be much justice for anyone in Wodbury. I'm sure good people will be found there, but they may be cowed by this Black Bowb and his crowd."

sexyhamster

Post by sexyhamster »

Still shaking her head, Gormlaith kneels down next to the bandit (or is it 'former' bandit now?) and gives him a hard look despite her fierce grin. "Cauley, is it? I haven't made up my mind but I've got a question or two 'fore we move on and decide what to do with ye. Are there others of Black Bowb's ilk in or around Wodbury? You'd tell us that, wouldn't you?"

Then without looking away, the wild northern woman addresses the wizard. "Yilmaz...what you think of Cauley here? What should we do with him?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz pricks up his ears as he hears Cauley mention Sanuhra, the witch who supposedly corrupted Black Bowb. "A witch, eh? Could the legends be true, then?" he wonders. He is shaken from his thought by Gormlaith's question: "Ah, yes. Cauley... Well, I'm not too sure. He may seem honest right now, but there's no guarantee he won't stab us in the back when someone offers him a better wage. How do we know he can be trusted?" he crackles.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Cauley meets the barbarian's eyes. "There's usually three or four o' them on the other side of Wodbury on the road in. Most times they're in the Vulgar Goat, more tap room than a tavern. I didn't let my charges go off and spend the day in their cups. Guess all that soldering wouldn't let me. Now at the inn, there's ol' farmer Gedde, a weasel of a man and Black Bowb's spy. He keeps his eyes and ears open for gossip and information...and of course, any talk against Bowb."

Cauley then grows quiet, awaiting his fate.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:Cauley meets the barbarian's eyes. "There's usually three or four o' them on the other side of Wodbury on the road in. Most times they're in the Vulgar Goat, more tap room than a tavern. I didn't let my charges go off and spend the day in their cups. Guess all that soldering wouldn't let me. Now at the inn, there's ol' farmer Gedde, a weasel of a man and Black Bowb's spy. He keeps his eyes and ears open for gossip and information...and of course, any talk against Bowb."
"So, that's who to avoid Cauley." Loren asks, "Who should we approach in Wodbury if we are interested in aligning ourselves against this Black Bowb and his gang?"