Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:25 pm

YIlmaz shakes his head at Deccon's words and gives brother Loren a hopeful look: "I will not condone any violence towards these creatures when they are already defeated. I still say we let them go and make sure they will never return. I hope you support my views, holy man."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 am

Well, let's pass the buck... :) However, if Nilog can get the remaining goblins to "play along" we could use them as watchdogs for this level while we are away. How about we see if we can pull that off?

"Nilog you're now the boss of these trussed up Goblins." Loren says, "If you kill them all you will have no one to be the boss of, but how you deal with them is your business."

"However, we will be returning to explore these ruins. If you and your goblins ally with us to guard this area from anyone but us we will pay you well."Loren continues,"If you agree to this, we will pay you 100 pieces of silver now, more when we return and we see you have done well, and still more if we find more treasure in the lower realms of this place."

"Nilog, what do you say?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 pm

Masterfully done :)

Deccon nods in agreement with Yilmaz and Loren's wise words."Think well on this Nilog. We can continue to be partners and you can become rich and powerful, or, you can go the other way and end up just like Gnish" says Deccon slapping the flat of his blade for emphasis.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:15 am

Gormlaith makes a face the others know all to well but she holds her tongue while Cauley stays quiet.

Nilog ambles up to the goblins and speaks in their profane tongue, his posture and manner suggesting he's in charge of them and their ultimate outcome. At first there are vehement shakes of their heads and as the stunted hobgoblin continues, each of the goblins slowly nod their head in turn. Nilog turns to the party with a crooked leering smile. "it is done. They agree to follow me but I must pay for their allegiance. The silver will help, many thanks. I will await your return."
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 am

Tamerlaine wrote:Gormlaith makes a face the others know all to well but she holds her tongue while Cauley stays quiet.

Nilog ambles up to the goblins and speaks in their profane tongue, his posture and manner suggesting he's in charge of them and their ultimate outcome. At first there are vehement shakes of their heads and as the stunted hobgoblin continues, each of the goblins slowly nod their head in turn. Nilog turns to the party with a crooked leering smile. "it is done. They agree to follow me but I must pay for their allegiance. The silver will help, many thanks. I will await your return."

"It will be soon." Brother Loren says, "Until then, keep an eye on things here."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 am

Yilmaz and Asil fill up their sacks with silver: each sack is filled with 600 silver pieces, packing a total of 3,000 silver pieces. "I suppose Asil and I can manage to take these with us and drag them outside where we can strap them onto Freulox. What should we leave behind for the Goblins to make sure they will remain loyal?" He asks the others.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:49 pm

"I believe the deal was for 100 silver. Lets get it done, I'm itching to get back to a warm bed and refreshing ale. Gormlaith, you took a good hit for the team back there, I'm buying!"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:00 pm

klarkash-ton wrote:"I believe the deal was for 100 silver. Lets get it done, I'm itching to get back to a warm bed and refreshing ale. Gormlaith, you took a good hit for the team back there, I'm buying!"

Brother Loren says, "Yes, 100 silver for now. More later if they do a good job."
Loren will hand Nilog 100 silver pieces, "Remember, serve us well, and there will be much more for you and your followers."

Once on the way back, Loren will say, "We need to keep this treasure we found secret back in the village. Big Boob has eyes and ears all over and the more we find the juicer target we are. I'd like to think we could trust the innkeeper to hide our silver away while we tell everyone we had no luck finding anything and ran in to a big tribe of goblins for our trouble."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:03 am

You trudge out of back up the stairs until you see the stars above you. It is still night and the ruins lay scattered around you. A fire is started and as each of you lay in your rolls around the flames, each think about the silver you've gleaned and what you are going to do with your lots.

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 7

The night goes by without incident and after loading the mule with the silver and each of the party carrying the rest, you start off on your journey back to the village.

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 11

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 9

Emboldened by the lack of any sign of Black Bowb's men, the party relaxes once sight of the village appears. The evening is drawing nigh as you approach the inn.

ACTIONS?
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 am

We best split the silver before we get into town, we don't want to draw attention to ourselves with all the coin. I never was much of a numbers man myself, can one of you learned gentlemen work out the share?"

Once that's done...

"Now we best get our story straight. If anyone asks us, we searched the woods and came up short. Ran afoul of some low-lifes who tried to rob us, Gormlaith fought them off but took a nasty wound in the process. We're here to let her recoup then we're heading back out to continue the search. Now I'll go organise a common room at the King's Rest, as long as everyone agrees. Oh, and the ales are on me, so how many of you are feeling thirsty?"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron