Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:58 am

Yilmaz carefully checks under the table to see if indeed a key is there. If there is, he will take it and hand it over to Nilog: "As you seem to know about the devious device that guards the contents of that chest I am sure you can open it safely."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:50 am

Nilog squints at the old man, a crooked grin slowly spreading across his bestial face. He lifts a finger, wagging it at Yilmaz. "Ahh! You no trust me, ask me to open it. You smart, I'm smart. I see your thoughts." With a cackle, the hunchbacked hobgoblin takes the key, a rusty pitted thing of iron and squats down before the chest. He inserts the key into the built in lock, a twist and everyone hears an audible *click.*

Nilog lifts the lid and the light of Asil's torch spills over a gleaming pile of silver! He cackles some more and rakes his fingers through the glittering coins. "See! I tell you truth!" He lifts his hands and the silver coins cascade through his gnarled fingers back into the chest.

]OOC There are 5000 silver coins in the chest. According to the House Rules I have 20 coins per pound (instead of 10 coins per pound) and that makes the total weight of the coins at 250 lbs. I hope you guys became prepared for this!
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:11 am

Hmm, did Freulox, Yilmaz's mule, make it into the dungeon? I kind of forgot about him :/ Four 30 lbs. sacks can be strapped onto Freulor and Asil brought one sack with a 30 lbs. capacity, bringing the carrying capacity to 150 lbs. for the both of them: the remaining 2.000 silver pieces will have to be carried by someone else.

Yilmaz looks upon the large pile of silver and nods: "Freulox, my trusted mule, should be able to carry about half of that. Asil here can fill his sack with as many coins as he can carry but it would take another four sacks to take everything..."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:42 am

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz carefully checks under the table to see if indeed a key is there. If there is, he will take it and hand it over to Nilog: "As you seem to know about the devious device that guards the contents of that chest I am sure you can open it safely."

..."Freulox, my trusted mule, should be able to carry about half of that. Asil here can fill his sack with as many coins as he can carry but it would take another four sacks to take everything..."

"Great thinking Yilmaz, so much for the poisoned needle eh? I can only carry about 100 pieces of silver before I'll be hobbling like an old women...I'm laden down plenty as is."

Any love on Deccon binding Gormlaith's wounds btw?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 am

Wouter wrote:[ooc]Hmm, did Freulox, Yilmaz's mule, make it into the dungeon?


OOC Assume Freulox is outside near the entrance with as much grass to eat as he pleases. This is a dungeon where it is impractical to bring a mule into. Also, carrying capacity for a mule for this game will be 300 lbs. I've seen a 255 pound man ride one and with the saddle and all the sum was about 300 lbs. A mule could carry more per the old US Army regs but I'm going to make this the ruling.

Sorry Deccon, there's no love. House rules state 'Bind wounds: Any character can bind wounds of another after a combat. This cures 1d4 HP, but can only be done once per day per PC'

Is the good Brother Loren still around?


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/3
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Tamerlaine wrote:
Wouter wrote:[ooc]Hmm, did Freulox, Yilmaz's mule, make it into the dungeon?


OOC Assume Freulox is outside near the entrance with as much grass to eat as he pleases. This is a dungeon where it is impractical to bring a mule into. Also, carrying capacity for a mule for this game will be 300 lbs. I've seen a 255 pound man ride one and with the saddle and all the sum was about 300 lbs. A mule could carry more per the old US Army regs but I'm going to make this the ruling.

Sorry Deccon, there's no love. House rules state 'Bind wounds: Any character can bind wounds of another after a combat. This cures 1d4 HP, but can only be done once per day per PC'

Is the good Brother Loren still around?


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/3
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6


You bet! Loren is here. He's already done the bind wound bit on Gormlaith, so I guess we're done with her for today.

Let's take stock of where we are. Gormlaith can move into the center of the marching order and hold a torch for us, but with our HP, all of us are in danger of a one hit kill, so we're going to have to be very careful. Do we have any spells still available?

I know it's not all that palatable, but we might need to rest and then find a place to hold up for the night. This room actually might be a good place if we can barricade the door. We could even retire with what we've gotten so far and cash it in back in town.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 0/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 pm

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Gormlaith took a nasty hit and if we hang around there's a real chance that she goes down. I've never been a fan of resting in dungeons, so I'd prefer to evacuate back to the town and recoup.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:16 pm

klarkash-ton wrote:Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Gormlaith took a nasty hit and if we hang around there's a real chance that she goes down. I've never been a fan of resting in dungeons, so I'd prefer to evacuate back to the town and recoup.

OOC: I'll go along with that, so we've got 2 votes to evacuate back to town. What about the rest of you?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 0/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:54 am

OOC Okay, I was waiting for Wouter/Yilmaz to reply but now it's time to move things forward. The vote is 2 for going back and I guess 1 abstaining, so majority wins. Before you can leave there's the issue of five goblins that are tied up. Are you leaving them still tied up, are they dispatched or are they released?
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 am

"Brother Loren I've done a lot of killin' in my time and I'm ready to do some more if its needed. You're a spiritual man, what's the right thing to do with these here mongrel bastards? I know they'd slit all our throats given half the chance, and if not ours, whomever else was unlucky enough to cross their paths."
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron