Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Tamerlaine

Chapter 2

Post by Tamerlaine »

It is a glorious morning the day the party rose from their sleep. Some slept soundly while others may have slept fitfully or not at all. But at the cock's crow, all were outside the inn was breakfast was over. The air is cool and crisp as Yilmaz's mule was brought out of the barn. Lastel the innkeeper stands in the doorway, eying you silently. Is he wondering if this is the last he'll see of you, or is there a look of...wistfulness? But the scowl etches deep into his thick face and he turns away, the door closing behind him.

You set out and soon you pass through the fields. Those farmers that see you pause in their work to watch as you file by. It is midday that finds you finally free of the fields and meadows. The brush grows thicker, the trees grow closer together and the party finds itself in a forest.

Actions?

OOC: Okay, I need a marching order, two of them...one for outdoors and one for indoors assuming its a single file corridor. I will also need the night watch rotation.

Wouter

Re: Chapter 2

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz breathes in the fresh forest air and turns to Cauley: "This is where we will be needing your guidance, my friend." He says as he points his staff to the thickets of the woods.

Yilmaz will take last watch during the nights, if that's fine by the others. He will walk in the middle, his mule by his side if that's possible and Asil right in front of him, carrying a torch.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz breathes in the fresh forest air and turns to Cauley: "This is where we will be needing your guidance, my friend." He says as he points his staff to the thickets of the woods.
"Aye, friend. I'll be right behind you" says Deccon, his sword hissing from it's scabbard.

Deccon is the most heavily armoured so he'll walk up front behind Cauley whilst Cauley is guiding, and at the front when in indoors. He has trouble sleeping, so he'll take the first watch if you guys are cool with that. Deccon wears his shield on his left arm and wields his sword with his right unless stated otherwise.

Eris

Post by Eris »

Brother Loren, it appears, brings up the rear. He has his chain shirt under his brown robes and has his shield over his shoulder and his mace tied to his rope belt.

"Didn't you say you had a map?" Loren asks,"If so, you should be leading us shouldn't you?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz sighs: "Alas, 't is a map of the interior without any notes on its whereabouts..."

Eris

Post by Eris »

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz sighs: "Alas, 't is a map of the interior without any notes on its whereabouts..."
"Well, I suppose we'll just have to search for it. Where would a likely place be? Is it in the side of a mountain, or large hill, do you think?"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Wouter wrote:"This is where we will be needing your guidance, my friend." He says as he points his staff to the thickets of the woods.[/ooc]
Cauley nods and removes his bow before taking the lead. He knows his value lies in his knowledge of the location of the place the party seeks. "The entrance is up on a hill," he replies to Loren's question while keeping a wary eye out fro trouble. "Two full days from here the rate we're going. Be there right before nightfall I imagine."

For the moment, Gormlaith seems content to remain at the rear, holding that yard and then some of steel across one shoulder.

Encounter Roll: [1d6] = 5

Once night falls, Cauley proves his worth yet again as he starts a fire. Still, Gormlaith is not impressed and even wonders out loud, "I wonder if we can trust Cauley to keep watch? Will you run off into the night or slit our throats?" The barbarian woman glares at him with a mocking smile. "Perhaps I'll stand watch with him, 'tween Deccan and Yilamz's turn."

Encounter Roll: [1d6] = 5

The morning rises and after a campfire breakfast, the party makes their way once more.

Encounter Roll: [1d6] = 6

Near the end of the day, the party has been walking up an incline, negotiating their way around the thick gnarly roots of old trees and over moss-covered boulders until they reach the summit. Shadows are lengthening as the sun makes it way to the horizon. Cauley turns and gives everyone a lopsided grin. "'Ere ye are."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz nudges Asil: "Light you lantern, boy. It looks like we will be needing it soon." He walks toward the staircase and as Asil holds the lantern up high he peers down to see if he recognizes any features that are on his map as well, to make sure that this is indeed the place.

Is there an actual representation of the map..?

Eris

Post by Eris »

"So are we going to enter tonight or wait until the morrow?" asks Loren

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Eris wrote:"So are we going to enter tonight or wait until the morrow?" asks Loren
"I'm all for entering now" says Deccon scanning the area cautiously. "We don't know what manner of beasts lurk in these here woods, and the longer we tally, the greater chance we have of getting jumped by Black Bowb or something worse."