Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Yilmaz nods in agreement. "Surely we will find a suitable place inside when the need to rest arises."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:20 pm

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz nods in agreement. "Surely we will find a suitable place inside when the need to rest arises."

"I don't know about that." Loren shakes his head and grins,"But I still agree we should do inside now, rather than wait for the morrow.

Loren examines at the ruined portico and columns,"What was this place? A temple? To what god?"

Loren is looking for runes or writing to learn something about what this place was before it fell into ruins.

He'll also look to see how we can enter the hole in the ground. Are their stairs, or is it a sheer drop. Either way, he'll see if he can tie his rope around one of the columns.

"We can use this rope to help guide us down and stay together."Loren says,"Gom, how about you belay the rope as we go down and cover our rear. And who has a piece of chalk to mark our progress, so we can find our way back out?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:19 pm

Eris wrote:And who has a piece of chalk to mark our progress, so we can find our way back out?"


"I've no chalk, but I've got some iron spikes which I can use to scratch arrows in the stone to mark our passage" replies Deccon.

If its stairs then Deccon says "Alright young Asil, keep that lantern light pointing over my shoulder so I can see what needs swinging at" and readies sword and shield at the top of the stairs.

If its sheer drop then Deccon says "Shine that lantern light down this here hole Asil, I want to see what it is I'll be roping down into."
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:46 am

Yilmaz is able to tie certain archaic symbols carved into the stones to those on the map. This place is indeed the location mentioned on the old scrap of vellum.

Loren can find no evidence of what the small ruin once was.

The opening has steps of old stone leading down into the darkness. The walls are stone as well, covered with moss, ivy and gnarled roots.

OOC Okay, at this point I will need a marching order. Please place Gormlaith where you wish.
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:22 am

OOC so guys by my reckoning the single file marching order is:

Deccon
Asil (holding lantern)
Cauley
Yilmaz
Loren
Gormlaith

I like the idea of having Gormlaith behind Cauley so she can keep an eye on him, but if things get hectic she could swap positons with Asil.

If we get to a point where two men can walk abreast, then Cauley should join Deccon in the front rank, so we would have something like this:

Deccon / Cauley
Asil / Yilmaz
Loren / Gormlaith


Thoughts?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:29 am

Sounds good to me!
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 am

OOC Just while we wait for Eris' ok on the marching order

Deccon searches the immediate surrounds for a long stick or small branch (10' pole proxy)...assuming he finds one he says: "This place has a fell feel boys and girls, I'd like to give them steps and the ceiling a little touchup before we go in. Any objections before I start poking about?"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:05 pm

klarkash-ton wrote:OOC Just while we wait for Eris' ok on the marching order

Deccon searches the immediate surrounds for a long stick or small branch (10' pole proxy)...assuming he finds one he says: "This place has a fell feel boys and girls, I'd like to give them steps and the ceiling a little touchup before we go in. Any objections before I start poking about?"

I think the marching orders are perfect!
"No, I think you're right about the feel of this place." Loren says, "We need to take care at every step."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:33 pm

"Ok everybody step back" says Deccon as he carefully prods the steps, walls and ceiling of the stairway entrance. Does the ceiling look structurally sound? Do the steps show any signs of passage or tracks?

If everything seems safe then "Well that treasure's not gonna find itself, best be getting in there. Get that light over here lad" says Deccon to Asil as he proceeds cautiously down the stair. He holds the stick in his left hand and prods the floor and walls, and wields his sword in his right. He also continuously scans the ceiling as he goes, stopping immediately if he sees anything untoward. At the first sign of danger he drops the stick and unhooks his shield.

OOC DM, how do the game rules treat sword drawing with reference to initiative? Can Deccon draw his sword and swing with it the same combat round if he were to carry his shield in his left hand and use the stick in his right?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:43 am

klarkash-ton wrote:OOC DM, how do the game rules treat sword drawing with reference to initiative? Can Deccon draw his sword and swing with it the same combat round if he were to carry his shield in his left hand and use the stick in his right?


OOC: If you are surprised, obviously no. During the beginning of your initiative, you may make a statement that you are dropping the stick and are attacking with your sword. I'll allow that. But, say the opponent(s) win the initiative and your character is holding a torch and a sword and his shield is shouldered, your AC will be as without shield until the start of the party's initiative (in which we assume your character is dropping the torch to ready his shield. Just mentioning the ruling for both. Make sense everyone?

Please remember, nothing is set in stone. I'm all ears to any suggestions.


Deccon bravely yet cautiously makes his way down the old stone steps, tapping the steps, the walls and even the ceiling with the tip of his improvised pole. With the light from the lantern behind him, it's slow going at Deccon's pace. It's quickly apparent that the steps start to turn, revealing a winding stairway. The roots and moss soon fade away as the darkness brings a coolness and a slight, musty dampness. The stairs are wide enough for single file passage. Down you go, how far down you do not know but finally you reach the bottom without incident.

At the end there is a short hall 10' wide angling SE with an entrance. The light of Asil's lantern illuminates the short ugly features of two goblins standing alert within the open doorway. They are holding swords, wicked shards of rusty metal with nicked blades. No one is surprised for it seems they were waiting to see what the source of the light would bring. The start jabbering angrily at you Deccon in their profane language as your step onto the floor. The two make chopping and stabbing motions with their swords.

Image

Actions?

OOC: At this point, what I'd like from you is to post your AC and HP when you first post. I'll try to find a way to make a little template at the bottom of my posts with everyone's character name, AC and HP because I do not want to be back pedaling to the gallery to look up your stats.
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron