Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:41 am

Yilmaz (AC 9[10], HP 6/6) keeps a safe distance from the goblins, taking hold of with his staff with both hands, ready to defend himself and remembering the words of the powerful sleep incantation he has been studying, should the need for its use arise.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:44 am

AC: 4/5 (with/without shield) HP:7/7

"We've got company, Cauley get down here!" Deccon hisses over his shoulder as he drops the stick and unhooks his shield. His sword is up in a defensive position; if the goblins close the distance, he's taking their heads off.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Brother Loren HP:6, AC:6

Loren has been counting the steps as the party descends and commits it to memory as he spies the Goblins. He'll determine how far down we've come if he survives this encounter!

Loren waits until Deccan and Cauley move ahead a little, then moves past Yilmaz and Asil...if he can, to cover Cauley's flank. He has his mace and shield ready to fight!
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:13 am

Just as Cauley steps in besides Deccon with his sword and wooden shield ready, the growling and barking of the two goblins intensifies. One of them turns and flees out of sight into the darkness behind him while the other continues to wave his rusty sword at the intruders, blocking the entrance. You feel that if you took one more step, things are going to go down...

Only two are allowed abreast in a 10' wide hallway. I see the arrangement now as Deccon and Cauley in front, Asil and Loren behind them, Yilamz next on the steps with Gormlaith chafing impatiently behind the mage.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/8
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 am

OOC Team I don't think we can let that goblin go for reinforcements so its on. Gormlaith is more lightly armoured so we might need her on the foot chase if she can squeeze past.

"Cauley with me!" yells Deccon as he charges the goblin "we need to get the runner!"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:42 am

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 2 Enemy [1d6] = 5

The goblin manages to get the first swing as Deccon and Cauley close in on him!

Deccon-Evens Cauley-Odds [1d6] = 1

Goblin To Hit: [1d20] = 3 Damage: [1d6] = 6

The goblin's swing is a feeble thing, easily blocked by Cauley's wooden shield.

OOC Once initiative is determined, everyone write down their character's actions using both their to hit and damage roll at the same time if applicable and then I will resolve the round once I have all the information. This will speed up play. I will play the actions of both Cauley and Gormlaith. At the moment, only Deccon and Cauley may make an attack as they are in front, unless Yilmaz wishes to cast a spell.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/8
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:46 am

Yilmaz will let Deccon and Cauley handle the goblin, having his sleep spell on the tips of his fingers but not casting it yet.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:02 am

Deacon's thoughts of parley were quashed the second the goblin ran from the room. Life or death for a fighter often depends on a split second decision, and in that moment, that precursor to violence which stretches for an eternity, Deccon saw only one way - strike first and strike hard.

"Cauley with me" he roared, jaw set, vision tunnelled, adrenaline coursing. The distance closed in a heartbeat, the creature's scowl, its smell, the entirety of Deccon's world. He brought his sword whistling down in a deadly arc, aiming for the point where the neck meets the body.

To hit with longsword: [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, damage with longsword: [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

OOC well not really the start I was hoping for :oops: I guess old Deccon needs to warmup a tad. BTW, do you need us to roll individual initiative as well? If so I rolled a 4.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:21 pm

OOC Page 27, WB 'Determine Initiative. One roll is made for each side, not for each individual in combat.'

Cauley tries to chop at the goblin. Cauley To Hit: [1d20] = 5 Damage: [1d6] = 2 Both fighters have missed.

New Round

The goblin, hissing and cursing, perhaps emboldened by his luck or thinking the fighters aren't that good, takes another swipe at...Cauley.

Deccon-Evens Cauley-Odds [1d6] = 5

Goblin To Hit: [1d20] = 12 Damage: [1d6] = 4

So Close! If Cauley wasn't wielding his shield, the former bandit would have been seriously wounded. Despite his near-miss, the goblin is sporting a toothy grin, revealing twin rows of yellowed teeth as it fights like a thing possessed. What does that smile mean?

Everyone can hear Gormlaith bellowing to be let up front.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/8
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Loren shouts, "Push that Goblin to the side, so Gromlaith and I can get past you into that corridor!"

Loren tries to go around Deccon and Cauley into the corridor past the Goblin. He hopes to move up the corridor and block attack from there, or catch the runner.

If there's not room, then there's not room, but that's what he'll try to do.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest