Chapter 2

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:45 pm

That bad feeling started to grow in Deccon, only a madman would smile when he's outnumbered 6 to 1! He had to drop this bastard to let the others through.

"I've got this one Cauley, go after the runner!" Deccon roars swinging his sword.

To hit with longsword: [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11, damage with longsword: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:16 am

Deccon's blow came close but it misses the goblin.

"Damn if I'll run off into the dark!" Cauley shouts as he swings at the goblin.

Cauley To Hit: [1d20] = 17 Damage: [1d6] = 5

Suddenly the goblin let's loose with a terrible screech as Cauley's blade slices it deep across its torso, from shoulder to hip. It flails to one side, thrashing in its death throes before lying still.

The light from Asil's lantern spills into the area beyond revealing a bare 30x30 room with an open entrance to the east and south. You are sure the other goblin ran toward the south and you can already hear the faint sound of excited chatter in that loathsome goblin tongue.
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 am

Tamerlaine wrote:"Damn if I'll run off into the dark!" Cauley shouts as he swings at the goblin.


"A regular hero huh" mutters Deccon.

Suddenly the goblin let's loose with a terrible screech as Cauley's blade slices it deep across its torso, from shoulder to hip. It flails to one side, thrashing in its death throes before lying still.


"Still, fine blow" says Deccon admiring Cauley's handiwork.

"Sounds like there's more of these critters to the South. What do you say we fan out in the room and try and lure them out? We can get more of us in on the action and bottleneck them in the passage if need be."
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Yilmaz steps out, still deeply concentrating on casting his sleep spell. "You can leave that to me: as soon as they enter this room I'll make them succumb to my conjuring..."
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Eris » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz steps out, still deeply concentrating on casting his sleep spell. "You can leave that to me: as soon as they enter this room I'll make them succumb to my conjuring..."


"Don't cast before we see what we're facing. If there aren't many we can handle them normally and you can save that spell for something more serious." says Loren.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 pm

"I'll cover you old-timer" says Deccon, assuming a defensive position near Yilmaz.

"Don't cast before we see what we're facing. If there aren't many we can handle them normally and you can save that spell for something more serious." says Loren


"Just give me the signal Brother and I'm in there" replies Deccon to Loren, deferring to the priest's wisdom.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:43 am

I'm going to assume the fighters & cleric are in front with the mage and servant in back

It is impossible not to hear the growling and cursing of many voices echoing out from the corridor in the south. One can hear the distant jangling and creaking of armor as well as the fall of many feet growing closer and closer. Gormlaith takes her place at the front, her proud features covered with warpaint, that long heavy sword lifted and readied with both hands. Is that a grim smile on her face?

Suddenly out of the darkness from the south, small figures began to pour into the room. Five goblins including the one that had run away, There's another one, bigger than the others but not by much. He's stooped, a hunchback. Then at the doorway there's an even bigger one, near man sized and he's jabbering away in that foul language, using his blade to point. There's no surprise.

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 6 Enemy [1d6] = 2

The party goes first!

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/8
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Wouter » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 am

Loren wrote:"Don't cast before we see what we're facing. If there aren't many we can handle them normally and you can save that spell for something more serious."

"I suppose this is all the signal I need..." Mumbles Yilmaz as he sees the figures pour into the room. Arcane words flow from his mouth and with a small gesture of the hands Yilmaz casts his sleep spell...

Sleep spell affects: [2d6+3] = 9+3 = 12 less than 1 to 1+ HD creatures, [2d6] = 5 1+ to 2 HD creatures, [1d6] = 5 3+ to 4+1 HD creatures
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 2

Postby klarkash-ton » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:49 am

OOC Yeah baby 8-)
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 2

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:25 pm

The five goblins simply collapse, victims of a deep sleep induced by Yilmaz's magic. That leaves the stunty hunchback and Big Boy.

The party is still in its turn of initiative.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Gormlaith AC 7 [12] HP 8/8
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Cauley AC 6 [13]* HP 6/6
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron