Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz is again interested in the sarcophagus and will request Asil and Bors to open this one as well, eager to have a look at what's inside. While the boy and the dwarf are at it, he will ask Loren: "Do you recognize any of the ornaments in this tomb as well, holy man?"

Loren is looking around...what does he make of this tomb?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:14 am

Asil and Bors approach the sarcophagus from both sides, grunting as the two attempt to slide the heavy stone lid.

Loren looks around for clues and notes there's nothing overtly interesting about the chamber.

The lid screeches as it is pushed to one side and everyone immediately notices a foul aroma. A skeletal hand appears out from within the sarcophagus and pushes the lid over. As the lid falls and cracks against the floor, a figure arises from the sarcophagus! A mass of rotting flesh and bones wearing chainmail and a helmet as it steps free of its confines. It has a sword gripped in hand and from the glowing eyes and snapping jaws, it appears to be in a murderous rage!

Curious, a dagger protrudes from the undead's breast

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 6 Enemy [1d6] = 4

The party goes first!


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 pm

"By the gods!" exclaims Deccon. "Back to the grave with you fiend!" he roars as he charges the undead creature and swings his sword for its head.

To hit with longsword: [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16, damage with longsword: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Loren whirls around and moves to attack the foul creature!

Loren swings his mace [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16, if he hits he does [1d6] = 1 damage.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:25 am

Deccon's blow strikes true, his blade slicing through rotted flesh and links of chain!

Loren swings his mace at the abomination, the heavy head of his weapon crunching bone!

It's still 'alive'!

Bors grunts and hauls his hammer around at the undead...

Bors To Hit: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 Damage: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

The hammer slams into the zombie's side with a sickening thud! The loathsome creature stumbles widely about before collapsing onto the floor, the sword skittering. The zombie is finished.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:18 pm

"We were lucky." Loren says, "We need to be more careful down here. I can almost smell the evil."

He examines the hilt of the dagger protruding from the zombie's chest before withdrawing it and examining the blade, "Someone take the sword and look in the sarcophagus and see what else might be in there."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 pm

"My thoughts exactly" says Deccon as he searches the sarcophagus, "I have less problem with robbing the tomb of an evil-doer!"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:21 am

Loren examines the dagger. It is a finely crafted weapon. The blade seems to have a lustre uncommon to steel and how it has not rusted is a mystery.

Deccon, the zombie's sword is ceremonial in design yet rusted and pitted beyond giving it any value. There is nothing inside the sarcophagus.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 am

"That's a fine looking weapon there Brother Loren, I think we should hang on to that one. Now I'm of a mind to check out what's behind that South-West door, you gents with me?"
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm

klarkash-ton wrote:"That's a fine looking weapon there Brother Loren, I think we should hang on to that one. Now I'm of a mind to check out what's behind that South-West door, you gents with me?"

Loren says, "Yes, this is a fine dagger, but I think it should be used by someone who can make better use of it than I could."
"I get no aura from it, but that it is not rusted like that sword is a marvel." Loren adds turning it in his hand, "There may be something magical about it."

"Do you think you could tell?"
he offers the dagger to Yilmaz.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron