Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Yilmaz looks at Decccon's muscly arms and prods Asil: "Looks like that door needs two strong men to be opened, help the man out, will you?"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Deccon, roll a d6 with a -1 modifier since Asil is helping you
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 pm

klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:06 am

Deccon and Asil brace the door, muscles knotting and breathing hard through clenched teeth. Yet for their efforts the door does not budge.

I forgot to mention for Deccon to use his STR modifier for a total of -2 toward the roll, but it would not have made a difference.

"Oh, fer the love of...," growls the dwarf who had been pulling on his beard while watching. "Stand aside ye useless tallfolk and let me have a go."

Bors slaps his gauntleted hands together and throws himself at the door.

Bors Open Doors: [1d6-1] = 1-1 = 0

I don't know how to write it so that it would just say 1 and not 0. If anyone does know, please PM me.

There's a groan of wood, the protesting squeal of rusted metal and suddenly the door reluctantly gives way.

Bors steps back, looks at both Deccon and Asil before shaking his head.

Torchlight spills into the oddly shaped chamber beyond. Mosaics and moldering tapestries adorn the walls, all showing what appears to be the life of a once simple acolyte with rather large buggy eyes who earned sainthood for bringing in a ship to safety during a dark storm by bringing forth a ray of light that pierced the dark roiling clouds. Within the chamber is an ornately carved scarcophagus. To the south and southwest are two doors much like the one Bors just opened.

Image


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Tamerlaine wrote:Deccon and Asil brace the door, muscles knotting and breathing hard through clenched teeth. Yet for their efforts the door does not budge.

I forgot to mention for Deccon to use his STR modifier for a total of -2 toward the roll, but it would not have made a difference.

"Oh, fer the love of...," growls the dwarf who had been pulling on his beard while watching. "Stand aside ye useless tallfolk and let me have a go."

Bors slaps his gauntleted hands together and throws himself at the door.

Bors Open Doors: [1d6-1] = 1-1 = 0

I don't know how to write it so that it would just say 1 and not 0. If anyone does know, please PM me.

There's a groan of wood, the protesting squeal of rusted metal and suddenly the door reluctantly gives way.

Bors steps back, looks at both Deccon and Asil before shaking his head.


Loren chuckles, "Maybe they loosened it for you Bors."

Torchlight spills into the oddly shaped chamber beyond. Mosaics and moldering tapestries adorn the walls, all showing what appears to be the life of a once simple acolyte with rather large buggy eyes who earned sainthood for bringing in a ship to safety during a dark storm by bringing forth a ray of light that pierced the dark roiling clouds. Within the chamber is an ornately carved scarcophagus. To the south and southwest are two doors much like the one Bors just opened.


"Ah!" Loren says entering, "Yes!"

Does Loren recognize the Saint, or the story?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:06 am

Deccon listens at the two doors while Brother Loren studies the mosaic.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:10 am

Yilmaz and Asil follow suit, staring in amazement at the mosaics and tapestries. "Fascinating, truly marvelous..." Mutters Yilmaz under his beard while getting a closer look at some of the details of the carvings on the sarcophagus. "One would be curious to find out what is inside, would one not?" He puckishly asks Asil. "Would you be so kind as to crack this thing open just enough to get a glimpse, my good man?" He then invites Bors.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:12 am

Loren realizes the mosaics and tapestries tell the story of one Saint Ulther, a man of of his own church. He has heard rumors that the ancient saint went mad and became an apostate while trying to preach a heresy. Banished, Ulther disappeared and nothing was said or written about him ever again.

Deccon uses this time to listen at both doors and hears nothing.

Asil nods at Yilmaz's command and Bors simply shrugs as the two converge on the sarcophagus. With a a grunt, the stone slab is pushed over a bit. Inside are the skeletal remains of a human dressed in priestly vestments. Both hands are folded across its chest and a gold signet (50 gp worth) ring glints in the lamplight, stamped with a heretical device similar to the original church's symbol.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 am

"What is this place Brother Loren, some kind of elaborate tomb?" says Deccon backing toward the entrance door with his sword raised.
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:35 am

klarkash-ton wrote:"What is this place Brother Loren, some kind of elaborate tomb?" says Deccon backing toward the entrance door with his sword raised.

"Yes, it is a tomb. A priest is interred here." says Loren, "We should take care not to disturb the dead..

OOC: Can Loren figure out what god the priest buried here worshiped? Does he recognize the motifs of the decorations in the tomb.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest