Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Moderator: Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:40 am

Tamerlaine wrote:Loren realizes the mosaics and tapestries tell the story of one Saint Ulther, a man of of his own church. He has heard rumors that the ancient saint went mad and became an apostate while trying to preach a heresy. Banished, Ulther disappeared and nothing was said or written about him ever again.


OOC: Sorry, I missed this in my previous post.

"Saint Ulther, the heretic, is the story told by these mosaics and tapestries." Loren says, "He disappeared after going mad and being banished. I suppose this is the tomb of one of his apostles. It could be his tomb, but that is not likely...I don't think."

OOC: What does Loren know of Ulther's heresy?
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:37 pm

Yilmaz silently ponders on Loren's words: "We'd better leave the dead in peace, saint or not." He motions Bors and Asil to close the sarcophagus.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:21 am

OOC: I'm keen to check out the door we bypassed earlier. What do you guys think?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Sounds good to me
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:35 pm

OOC: Leave no door unopened! :)
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:53 pm

"Bors lets go back and try that door we passed earlier near the crawl-space. I don't like the idea of any more of these runts getting the jump on us."
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 am

klarkash-ton wrote:"Bors lets go back and try that door we passed earlier near the crawl-space. I don't like the idea of any more of these runts getting the jump on us."


Bors nods, perhaps a bit reluctantly as he gives the gold ring on the corpse one last glance. The party tramps back north and arrives once more before the door located near the tunnel entrance. Deccon grapples the door and...

Open Doors: [1d6-1] = 2-1 = 1

...the door pops loose!

Image

The top half of the chamber, as Loren can tell you, is a devotional complete with a large and ornately carved stone bowl. It is dry but the bowl's contents would have been holy water. Several candle-niches in the walls still have candles yet it's obvious none have been lit in quite a long time. In the lower half is a another sarcophagus, carved much in the same manner as the one before. At the southwestern wall is a stone door sealed with wax.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:02 am

"Ye gods Brother Loren, this place is a mausoleum! I'm going to go check out that far door and have a listen, while you learned gents work out what is going on here. Bors, care to join me?"

OOC: Thanks for posting the area map, makes orientation much easier!
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 am

klarkash-ton wrote:"Ye gods Brother Loren, this place is a mausoleum! I'm going to go check out that far door and have a listen, while you learned gents work out what is going on here. Bors, care to join me?"

"You appear to be correct, at least, in this area." Loren says looking around, "This door is sealed in wax. That is unusual. I suppose it is to preserve whatever is behind it."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 583/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Yilmaz is again interested in the sarcophagus and will request Asil and Bors to open this one as well, eager to have a look at what's inside. While the boy and the dwarf are at it, he will ask Loren: "Do you recognize any of the ornaments in this tomb as well, holy man?"
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron