Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Tamerlaine

Re: Chapter 4

Post by Tamerlaine »

Wouter wrote:yilmaz is particularly interested in the book and he will carefully try to pry it from the cold, dead hands. If he succeeds, he will thoroughly examine it.

The old mage reaches in to the sarcophagus, his fingers curling around the edges of the ancient book and gently works it out of the corpse's frozen grip. Pages crumble away from his touch like dried leaves yet there some that can be read. The gist of the book is that it is biographical, about a man named Acandus who lost his young pregnant wife and how he spent his life looking for ways to bring her back. Delving into the black arts of necromancy, he had clawed one of his eyes out as price for the gift of seeing beyond the veil. It was said he saw a glimpse of his wife, and more, much more. As a consequence he went stark raving mad and killed himself.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"This tomb is damned. I'm for getting out of here and checking out that door to the south in the adjacent tomb."

Eris

Post by Eris »

"Let's get the lid closed on this tomb first." Loren says, trying to dredge up any information he might have on Acandus, "I agree, though, we should move along."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Right you are Brother Loren. Bors grab the other end, this thing's heavy" says Deccon as he lifts the sarcophagus lid back into place.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

One can hear Bors grumbling under his breath as he wrestles with his end of the stone lid. "Who cares if we bleedin' leave t' sodding lid off or on, ol' one-eye 'ere dinnae care."

The party makes its way back to the door to the south in the adjoining chamber.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:One can hear Bors grumbling under his breath as he wrestles with his end of the stone lid. "Who cares if we bleedin' leave t' sodding lid off or on, ol' one-eye 'ere dinnae care."

The party makes its way back to the door to the south in the adjoining chamber.
"Harder for him to get up and follow us with the lid down." says Loren as he moves along, not looking a Bors, "Besides, you should always put the lid back down when you're finished."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

OOC: :lol:

"Ok everybody, I'm not keen on getting another chestful of darts, lets see if we can open this door safely behind cover."

Can I stand adjacent the door with the wall behind me and push the door open with my shield or sword?

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

klarkash-ton wrote: Can I stand adjacent the door with the wall behind me and push the door open with my shield or sword?
After forcing the door ajar, the fighter is careful and doesn't pull the door away. Rather he shifts to one side and with the lip of his shield, pushes the door open. There's a loud squeal as the rusty hinges protest.

Nothing happens.

Beyond the door, the light from Asil's torch reveals what appears to be crypts. Piles of bones litter the floor and skeletal remains rest inside cuts in the wall.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Keep your wits about you men, the dead have a habit of coming to life in this place" says Deccon with his sword and shield raised and ready.

OOC: Do you guys think we should investigate the crypts?

Eris

Post by Eris »

klarkash-ton wrote:"Keep your wits about you men, the dead have a habit of coming to life in this place" says Deccon with his sword and shield raised and ready.

OOC: Do you guys think we should investigate the crypts?
"I think we should leave the dead to the dead." Loren says,"I can say a blessing over their bones and we can seal them back up."

"Only if you insist will I help you disturb their rest."