Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Tamerlaine

Chapter 4

Post by Tamerlaine »

With the advent of dawn, the party stumbles from the inn to find Bors already up and ready, the dwarf tending to a stout dun-colored pony lashed with various equipment including a small barrel of house ale. He nods to each as he rests his hands on each hip. "Could'nae sleep, thinking about seeing the ruins at long last. This 'ere pony is Little Bill, an old friend and as sturdy and surefooted a pony as they come. Me brother Bruin was supposed to meet me here, to help in me search. But I'm not the kind to wait idly for weeks even months when an opportunity such as this comes by. I've left a note wi' Lastel should my brother arrive while I'm gone. Should anything happen to me please deliver word of my passing as well as my share if any to him."

With that, the party sets off once more for the ruins.

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 6

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 9

Encounter Roll: [2d6] = 11

You arrive at the ruins without incident and night is falling. Bors will leave Little Bill nearby to graze before going down the steps. Once again you are at the bottom of the circular stairs.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Bors AC 4 [12]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6

Eris

Re: Chapter 4

Post by Eris »

OOC: Forgive me for being AWOL for a bit. I'm still here and interested in playing, so I'll jump in. Can we say that Loren introduced himself as a Disciple of Sol and stocked himself with food and some trinkets (if he can find them), plus a couple hundred silvers as continuing payment to Nilog (sp).

"Bors!" Brother Loren says, "Hold a bit. We left a group of Goblins to guard the upper reaches of these ruins. Yes, I know Goblins aren't the most trustworthy of allies, but one of their number helped us defeat their leader and capture the remainder. I don't think any of us have any love of slaughtering bound prisoners and we thought it better to try to use them as guards than kill them all on the spot."

"I expect us to meet these Goblins upon our descent, perhaps we will have to fight them, but perhaps they will continue to ally with us in exchange for the silver and trinkets I have brought. Let's parley and use words before we resort to cold iron. Do you agree?"
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

Deccon draws his sword and fits his shield.

"Come Bors, time to get that hammer of yours ready! You come and take first rank with me, that way you can clearly see any signs of your kin, or any strange stonework or markings that might be of note. Your skill with the goblin tongue could also come in handy if we run into our friends.
Now there's a doorway to the East of the stairwell which we have yet to explore. What say you adventurers, shall we head East?"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

OOC Okay, no response from the others so I'm assuming everyone approves of Deccon's idea of heading east. Please let me know what the marching order is now.

Bors nods with Deccon's suggestion and lifts his crossbow at the ready. Side by side with everyone else behind them the two warriors head east with Asil's torch/lantern illuminating the corridor beyond.

There is a small, narrow hole in the west wall and Bors takes a squint inside. "It's limestone beyond the stones of this 'ere wall. A cave of sorts, natural but something dug its way out 'ere. Me kind can fit inside but you tall folk would need to crawl."

Further east is a bend turning north and a door at the south of the bend.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

The tall warrior takes one look at the hole and shakes his head "Ain't no way I'm going to be able to fit in there and fight in any meaningful way. I'm keen to check out where the corridor leads and if there is any noise coming from behind the door. We'll have to keep an eye out for whatever crawled out of that hole. Does anyone have anything we can rig across it to block it?"

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz is also not very keen on crawling through the narrow corridor: "I suppose you could scout ahead, Bors." He says. "These old bones however can not follow you in there. Deccon is right to be careful and block the tunnel, or have someone guard it at the very least." He nods towards the end of the corridor: "I wonder what's up ahead, there seems to be a door..." He nudges Asil: "Go ahead and make sure the coast is clear, boy. And have a listen at that door while you're at it, will you?"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

With the party standing by the small tunnel entrance, Asil nervously edges forward, the light moving with him until he reaches the turn. He looks north and then turns to the door, pressing his ear against it for a long moment before rejoining the group.

"There's an open doorway to the north and as for the door yonder, I didn't hear anything," he states.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

"Stay behind me lad, and keep that lantern light forward" says Deccon to Asil, shield and sword raised. "Bors let's check out that open doorway to the North."

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz will follow closely behind, eager to find out whereto the northern hallway leads...

Eris

Post by Eris »

Wouter wrote:Yilmaz will follow closely behind, eager to find out whereto the northern hallway leads...
Loren brings up the rear, keeping an eye open for anybody that might come up from behind.
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA