Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game
Eris

Re: Chapter 4

Post by Eris »

klarkash-ton wrote:Deccon nods at Loren "This is for Bors" he says putting the vermin to the sword, alongside Loren's swinging mace.

After the deed is done, he informs the party of the grisly scene Asil and he discovered. "There were 11 rats in total, so less these 5 we've killed, there's at least another 6 in there feasting on poor Bor's remains. The tunnels continued past the location of Bors body so there could be more of them in there for all we know. That crude staircase has me intrigued, and no doubt we need to retrieve Bor's body for proper burial, but in those cramped conditions, outnumbered and with Yilmaz' magic spent, I think it would be unwise to proceed at this point. Bors was a tough bastard and he only managed to fell one of the wicked creatures before going down. I'm the last true sword-swinger in the group, if you ask me, we need to head back to town and re-group, see if we can recruit some new fighters to join the expedition."
"You are probably right." Loren says, "We need more men for this and to be better prepared, I think."
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Okay, do I take it that the group's intent is to return to the village? I was waiting for something, more concrete, I guess.

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

OOC: Yeah I think so. It's a pain to disrupt the flow of the adventure but I don't think we have the requisite firepower with the current lineup.

Eris

Post by Eris »

klarkash-ton wrote:OOC: Yeah I think so. It's a pain to disrupt the flow of the adventure but I don't think we have the requisite firepower with the current lineup.
Level 1 is always a problem with regard to Time In Dungeon, especially with a small party. MU's have 1 spell, Clerics have none, and everybody is killable with a single bad hit. Most of the time, it's "one combat and we go back to town to rest", or end up getting killed. Isn't this the "10 minute work day" problem we've all heard about. :)

A couple of suggestions to fix this I've seen you could consider:

1. The Power Nap. Let the party have a temporarily "safe space" where they can get a 10 minute complete rest. After that they regain some lost HP (maybe 1 die) or a spell. Limit the power naps to two or three times a day.

2. Reserve Points (RP). Give PC's a number of "reserve points" equal to their rested HP. At any time, outside of combat, they can convert (RP) to HP at the rate of 1 per minute. Maybe, also some number of RP can be converted to spells as well, or maybe not. Each full rest recharges HP as normal and replenishes RP back to full, as well.

Wouter

Post by Wouter »

Yilmaz nods with weary eyes, tired from casting his spell: "The young fighter speaks the truth. My powers are limited and I can not handle such a swarm again. Let us return more well-equipped and better manned."

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

OOC: Maybe Gormlaith could decide she just missed us too much and come swaggering in ;)

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Emerging from the dungeon, the fresh air feels good in your lungs as you make sure way back to the tiny village of Wodbury.

encounter Roll: [2d6] = 3

encounter Roll: [2d6] = 11

encounter Roll: [2d6] = 9

You arrive at Wodbury without incident and once again the party enters the warm safety of the inn.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/6

Eris

Post by Eris »

Tamerlaine wrote:Emerging from the dungeon, the fresh air feels good in your lungs as you make sure way back to the tiny village of Wodbury.

You arrive at Wodbury without incident and once again the party enters the warm safety of the inn.
Loren wants to eat and drink, get a good night's sleep and then look for other adventurers that might like to join our expedition.

OOC: Oh, and let's see where we are with XP as well. There were some combats in our last adventure and we might have earned enough points to level up...:)

klarkash-ton

Post by klarkash-ton »

This 'ere pony is Little Bill, an old friend and as sturdy and surefooted a pony as they come. Me brother Bruin was supposed to meet me here, to help in me search. But I'm not the kind to wait idly for weeks even months when an opportunity such as this comes by. I've left a note wi' Lastel should my brother arrive while I'm gone. Should anything happen to me please deliver word of my passing as well as my share if any to him."
"Aye Loren, time for a warm meal and a drink for the departed. I'll order and while I'm there, I'll talk to Lastel and see if Bor's brother Bruin has arrived. Meanwhile, can one of you learned gentlemen work out what Bors' share of the loot is? I never was a numbers man."

Deccon approaches Lastel and orders food and ale for all and boarding for the night. He then quietly asks whether Bruin has arrived, and if not, if there have been any fighter types passing through looking for work.

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

sorry for the holdup but you know how RL can be. Give it another moment or two as it seems we have an interested player looking to join