Chapter 4

Tamerlaine's White Box Game

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 am

Image

With Deccon and Bors in the lead the party makes their way north, the light from Asil's torch spilling into what looks like an empty room 20' by 60' In the southwest corner there are stairs going down and a door is situated near the southeast corner.

Surprise/Party: [1d6] = 1
Surprise/Opponent: [1d6] = 5

Suddenly a couple of goblins and a HUGE ferret (perhaps alerted by the torchlight) come rushing out from the stairs, catching the party unawares as they attack!

Goblin 1: [1d5] = 4
Goblin 2: [1d5] = 3
Ferret: [1d5] = 4
I'm using the table below under Actions to determine which character gets attacked (Loren would be 1, Deccon 2, Yilamz 3 and so on)

A goblin and a ferret attacks Asil!
Goblin To Hit: [1d20] = 15 Damage: [1d6] = 5
Ferret To Hit: [1d20] = 1 Damage: [1d6] = 3

Asil shrieks as the goblin's rusty sword sinks deep! The ferret lunges at Asil and stumbles wildly, unable to secure its footing for another round.

A goblin attacks Yilmaz!
Goblin: [1d20] = 16 Damage: [1d6] = 3

The goblin's sword, dirty and nicked, finds it's target giving the old wizard a nasty cut!

Initiative: Party [1d6] = 3 Enemy [1d6] = 2

The party wins initiative!


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/3
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/1
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:40 am

Recovering himself from the cowardly ambush, Bors' blood rises at the sight of goblins and with a thunderous oath swings his hammer around to smite the one who dealt Asil a near death blow.

Bors To Hit: [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 Damage: [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 am

Yilmaz swings his staff at the goblin attacking him, then he tries to withdraw from melee combat by retreating to the room entrance, into the hallway.

To hit: [1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9, damage with staff: [1d6-1] = 3-1 = 2
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:50 am

Deccon intersperses himself between the Goblin and Yilmaz and swings his sword hissing "Die you goblinoid runt!"

To hit with longsword: [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, damage with longsword: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

OOC: Is the goblin struck by Bors still standing?
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Loren moves up to cover Asil and Yilmaz. If he gets a chance he swings his mace at one of the goblins, or the ferret, depending upon which he can get an attack on, and shouts, "Oath Breaker!"

To Hit with Mace [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10, damage [2d6] = 4
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Bors' hammer connects with the goblin's head with a sickening crunch. The goblin falls like a sack of potatoes.

Yilmaz the Old swings his staff as he starts to back away and misses!

Deccon swings at the goblin on Yilmaz and the blow misses!

Loren swings at the large dog-sized ferret trying to regain its footing and misses!

It's the baddies' turn and the goblin squeals something nasty in its tongue as it hacks at Deccon...

goblin: [1d20] = 17 Damage: [1d6] = 1

The blow found itself between shield and armor yet it's only a shallow nick!

The giant ferret cannot attack this round as it fumbled during the surprise and lost its attack this round.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/3
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/1
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/7
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby klarkash-ton » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 am

Deccon felt the familiar cool sting as the goblin's blade found its way between his armour. "That's it you bastard!" roars the fighter as he swings his sword in a brutal downward chop at the top of the goblin's head.

To hit with longsword: [1d20+2] = 4+2 = 6, damage with longsword: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
klarkash-ton
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:56 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Eris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Loren goes after the giant ferret with his mace!

To Hit with Mace [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16, damage [1d6] = 6
Brother Loren Cleric-1 XP: 1273/1500
HP: 6/6 AC: 6 Saving Throw: 15 (+2 poison/paralysis)
HD: 1+1
XP Bonus: 0
Weapons: Mace (1d6) & Shield (+1)
Gold: 10
Spells: NA
Eris
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Tamerlaine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 am

With Yilmaz and Asil out of melee, the others attack the remaining goblin and giant ferret.

Deccon swings at the goblin and the blow goes wide.

Loren brings 'round his mace in a might blow at the giant ferret trying to recover its footing. There's the snap of bone as the cleric's mace breaks the animal's spine. It falls to the floor, muscles quivering yet it is unable to move as it slowly dies.

Bors turns to attack the lone goblin and swings his hammer. Bors To Hit: [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 Damage: [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

Bors misses the goblin and the dwarf hisses a curse.

The goblin screams while hacking wildly about, his eyes wide as his nicked sword flashes out at...

Deccon 1 Loren 2 Bors 3: [1d3] = 3

Goblin To Hit: [1d20] = 16 Damage: [1d6] = 3

Bors feels the unkind cut of the goblin's blade, giving only a stoic grunt in response.

I hope I'm assuming Yilmaz and Asil are staying out of melee. I don't see Yimaz using his sleep spell for one goblin. Wouter, if I'm wrong in the smallest degree, just correct me and I'll make everything good. I'm just trying to keep the momentum going.

Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/3
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/1
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/4
User avatar
Tamerlaine
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Chapter 4

Postby Wouter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 am

Your assumptions are correct: both Yilmaz and Asil will stay away from the melee combat, considering the shape they're in. Yilmaz will not waste his spell on a single goblin.
User avatar
Wouter
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Dyson's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron