Page 13 of 14

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:35 am
by Tamerlaine
OOC I see I need to make a ruling. The tunnel appears a tight fit and at times it will be chest and back to the walls and crab walking for humans in most areas. No weapons that use swinging, i.e. clubs, flails, hammers and maces in general. No long reach weapons such as polearms. No bows. Swords for thrusting only, -4 to hit. Daggers and light crossbows suffer no penalties.

No shield bonus to AC, no oil flask bombs

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:48 am
by Wouter
Yikes :o

"Let's send in Asil first." Yilmaz suggests. "A young boy like he can more easily crawl through a narrow passage like this. Let him tie the rope around his waste, take a torch, and see what lies beyond."

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 am
by klarkash-ton
Seconded :o

Deccon slides a dagger from his belt, the metal hissing against the sheathe. He flips it easily in the air and offers it hilt first to Asil "Take this with you boy, there's no telling what's to be found in those tunnels."
The big man then removes his shield and props it against the wall next to his sword. He unslings his light x-bow crossbow and loads a bolt "And don't worry, I'll be right behind you...as far as I can fit anyway. Yilmaz, Loren, keep a watch over my gear and give the rope a good tug if anything unsavoury approaches. I'll be ready to hustle back if need be."

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:44 am
by Tamerlaine
Wide eyed and obviously nervous, Asil takes the dagger in hand, holding it in a manner that suggested his proficiency with such a weapon was, well...nil. With torch held ahead of him, he crouches and slips into the narrow space before being followed by Deccon. It isn't that far until the narrow passage splits in two. Asil turns his head to Deccon and whispers, "Which way?"

Image


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP 7/5

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:08 am
by klarkash-ton
Are there any tracks or other signs of passage that might indicate which way Bors went? How about any noise from either direction or draughts of air?

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:06 pm
by Tamerlaine
klarkash-ton wrote:Are there any tracks or other signs of passage that might indicate which way Bors went?


No

klarkash-ton wrote:How about any noise from either direction or draughts of air?


You and Asil can hear something faint coming from both directions in front of you; snarling perhaps, something snapping sharply?


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:28 am
by klarkash-ton
"Get behind me boy, and keep that torch shining ahead, it sounds like Bors is in trouble!"

Deccon takes the right hand branch, his X-bow up and ready to fire.

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 am
by Tamerlaine
Image

Crawling further along the tight twisting tunnel opens into a bigger one and both note the two tunnels open out here. A few feet more and a passage turns southwest and it appears there is a crude stairway going down.

Edging further on, the torchlight spills out into a chamber and a distressing scene unfolds for Deccon's eyes. Several large four-legged vermin are tearing greedily into the body of the dwarf. The face and neck has been chewed away and these critters are eating away at Bors' lifeless form. Nearby is a bloodied hammer and the body of one of the critters.

Surprise/Opponent: [1d6] = 5 Party [1d6] = 5

With the light spilling out over them, these critters look up with bloody snouts and beady eyes. You get a better look them and notice they are the BIGGEST rats you have ever laid eyes on. In all, there are 11 of them and look pretty stirred up!

initiative: Party [1d6] = 5 Enemy [1d6] = 1

Deccon and Asil react quicker than the giant rats...


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm
by klarkash-ton
"Run back and get the others Asil, we're going to need Yilmaz's magic to triumph here" hisses Deccon in an urgent but controlled voice.

Deccon backs away from the grisly scene hoping that the lure of fresh meat keeps the rats occupied. If any of the rats pursue him down the tunnel he gives them a bolt to the face.

Re: Chapter 4

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 am
by Tamerlaine
Asil needs no prodding and scampers as fast as he can back the way he came.

Five of the big rats, sensing fresh prey turn to face the tunnel where Deccon is standing. Blood frenzied they start prowling toward Deccon, tails whipping while blood red teeth flash in the torchlight. Looks like you'll have to fire that bolt, or run.


Actions?

Loren AC 6 [13] HP 6/6
Deccon AC 4 [15]* HP 7/6
Yilmaz AC 9 [10] HP 6/6
~~ Asil AC 9 [10] HP 6/5
Bors AC 4 [15]* HP ?/?