Chat, etc.

Badams30's Whitebox Game
badams30

Chat, etc.

Post by badams30 »

Okay, Joe brought it up, but I was going to field it as well: How would you all like to handle rolls? I'm open to anything. I trust everyone on here, and if we use a roller, I don't really intend to audit your rolls. If we use an external roller, that's kind of an inconvenience to have to go to a separate site, login, roll, and copy/paste the result. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm fine with making rolls for everything, but I would prefer for the players to make most of their own rolls just so they are really in control of their fate.

What do you all think? Whatever you decide, I'll go with. (and YES, Rik, I know. You rolled 6 18's. What are the odds?)

merias
Site Admin

Re: Chat, etc.

Post by merias »

I was looking for a dice-roller extension for the forum but couldn't find one that works with the version of phpBB I have installed.

So if you want us to make the rolls, and you trust us (well, most of us it seems...) we can just do so and note the result in our post. I always have a set of dice or two laying on my desk :) . I think the alternatives like US's dice roller are good for when you have an open game and want to be able to audit rolls, that seems not necessary here.

I'm also OK with you making the rolls, it does tend to speed up play in this format. But I'm OK with whatever we decide on.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I'm good with you making all the rolls, and good making them myself. And if Rik is going to make lots of 18s, I'm even better with him making the rolls.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:I'm good with you making all the rolls, and good making them myself. And if Rik is going to make lots of 18s, I'm even better with him making the rolls.
I was going to suggest that Rik might be the best equipped to make all to hit and stats rolls. The guy is just that lucky. However, just in case he wanted me to roll up a guy for him ('cause I'm all about helping someone out...) I rolled him up an excellent character:
3, 4, 1, .05, 2, 6. I'm thinking it'll be a wizard, but since I'm so flexible, I'll let him choose. (and no clue how I got some less than 3 rolls. Probably metric dice or something...)

Back to the rolling thing: I'm leaning toward letting you guys make the rolls, but we'll see what the consensus is...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

badams30 wrote:...I rolled him up an excellent character:
3, 4, 1, .05, 2, 6. I'm thinking it'll be a wizard, but since I'm so flexible, I'll let him choose. (and no clue how I got some less than 3 rolls. Probably metric dice or something...)
I think I see the issue. You're rolling at near sea level, he's in Colorado near a mile up. You need to account for that in dice rolling, like in baking. So in Colorado dice, that would be:

15, 18, 9, 6, 12, 21. Geez, I have no idea how you got over 18 there. Gygax would have just made him roll a percentile die after the last 18, so I've taken care of that for you. 18.75. Nice. Rik, finally your character's charisma matches your real life CHA. :mrgreen:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
badams30 wrote:...I rolled him up an excellent character:
I think I see the issue. You're rolling at near sea level, he's in Colorado near a mile up. You need to account for that in dice rolling, like in baking. So in Colorado dice, that would be:

15, 18, 9, 6, 12, 21. Geez, I have no idea how you got over 18 there. Gygax would have just made him roll a percentile die after the last 18, so I've taken care of that for you. 18.75. Nice. Rik, finally your character's charisma matches your real life CHA. :mrgreen:
I think you've nailed it. And as for Rik's CHR, I was thinking more along the lines of 20-21. He's quite magnetic, you know.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

There, there, let's not go overboard, shall we?

:mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

I'm happy to roll my own dice. In fact, I just splurged on a new set of dice, 2 new sets actually. Random colors, just like in the old days. That said, if the rest of the group wants to let Brandon handle all dice rolls, that's fine, too.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I’d like to play a hobbit burglar halfling thief.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

May I play a human cleric?
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter