A Burning Premonition

Badams30's Whitebox Game
User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

Horst, thanks the couple and strides towards the tavern for a tankard of ale and to tell the party of what he's learned.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

"What happened here?" Gorin asks the nearest local, pointing at the platform."

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

Gorin asks a couple villagers about the platform and they both look each other and one of them says:

"A fella who called himself Shadis came into town a week or so ago. He started preaching doom and gloom daily - right here in the village square! Claimed he had visions of the village coming under attack by fire creatures and the whole place going up in flames. Most thought he was a bit touched in the head, if you know what I mean... but he wasn't hurtin' anyone, so most just ignored or humored him." The villager sighs and then points toward the burnt home to the east and continues "Then one night the Mason's house went up in flames. When this Shadis began ranting again the next morning, some of the villagers blamed him for the fire, attacked him and ran him outta town. Well, you know how it goes... once tempers cooled down a bit, the others felt a bit ashamed about what they'd said and done. Jarda Mason himself went off towards the North in search of Shadis. He's been gone for a number of days now. The Sooner's have put up the Mason's in a couple of spare rooms at their farm till the house can be repaired... but look at it! I don't think you can fix that..."

The villager shakes his head and says "This is a peaceful place. Nothin' ever happens like this - it's got people wondering what's happening, and if something else - something bigger is going on. You take care of yourself, and if you hear or see anything, you should tell Miriam or the Mayor."

spanningtree
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Calardir will also make his way back to the tavern and order up a tankard of ale.

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric - cleric

Wulfric listens with interest to Gorin's conversation with the villagers. Thinking of nothing to contribute to the conversation, he'll offer those assembled a blessing from St. Cedrik the Tardy, and then make his way into the tavern.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

"Miriam? Who is that?" Gorin asks.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:"Miriam? Who is that?" Gorin asks.
The villager points to the Plow & Sickle and says "Miriam is the innkeep. Tall guy, long hair, eyepatch. You can't miss him. He's also on the town council and head of the militia."

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

"Many thanks," Gorin says. He'll head off to the inn with the others.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

It seems like the consensus is to regroup at the Plow and Sickle...

The group meets at the P&S, noting that the long table is waiting for you and can accommodate you all. Marta the barmaid comes by to take your orders, she gives you the lowdown on the costs of the inn:

Dinner, Commoners: 3SP
Dinner, Merchants: 1GP
Bread & Cheese plate: 1SP
Ales and Meads: from 5CP-1SP
Dragon Tail wine: 5SP/glass
(Merchant version of meals usually means just a greater qty of what's offered in commoners meal. You note that the menu is heavy on chicken. Inquiring about the mix of meats reveals that aside from hunting the plentiful wild game of the area, Miriam purchases a large qty of chicken from the Sooners, who happen to raise a lot of chickens...

Marta, taking note of your numbers, asks if you'll be requiring lodgings, mentioning that if you are together, Miriam might give you a discount, as the inn is nearly empty at this time.

OOC: So I'm assuming you all bring the others up to speed on what you've learned and can formulate your course of action. It's only late afternoon, so you can meander about the town or do whatever. The Miriam fella that you've heard about is flitting about within the inn, tending to his daily duties.

Actions?

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

Faro enters, not quite trusting anyone yet. He orders an ale and a water, sipping from both, and lights some pipeweed. And watches.

Post Reply