A Burning Premonition

Badams30's Whitebox Game
User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

Horst, polearm fighter, finishes his ale, listening carefully to the discussion.

"If any of you want to take a walk over to the burned out house...," he stands and stretches, "...maybe we can find something?"

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

The burglar nods his head at this suggestion

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

Horst grins, "Well then, Master Lightfoot, let's be off!"

Grabbing his polearm which he had leaned in the corner of the tavern, Horst heads out.

spanningtree
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Let me join your investigations. Caladir says to Horst and Lightfoot getting up. No time like the present.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

badams30 wrote: Miriam replies "Wallace is his name. He walks with a cane. He's stayin' upstairs. If you want to talk to him I'll tell him you're wantin' to chat with him when I see him next."
"Aye, please do that n' we'll be grateful," Gorin says. He'll finish up his ale and head off with the others to investigate the burned house.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Human Magic-User
jcftao wrote:Horst, polearm fighter, finishes his ale, listening carefully to the discussion.

"If any of you want to take a walk over to the burned out house...," he stands and stretches, "...maybe we can find something?"
Bizenghast gets up from the table balancing a giant book on her forearm as she reads. She grabs for her wine glass to quickly finish off the remaining nectar, but is shocked it's already empty.

Without removing her eyes from the pages, she answers Horst's call with an exuberant, "Okay!" as she follows the men out of the inn.



Available Spells
Level 1 Prepared:
Sleep


Level 2 Prepared:
*someday... :?


Level 1 Available: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Light, Protection from Chaos, Read Languages, Read Magic, Sleep
Level 2 Available: *someday... :?

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

Miriam smiles and nods as you file out of the inn, walking toward the Mason's burnt house. As you approach, you can smell the charred timbers and hear the occasional crackle of an ember here or there. The home was a large single story structure with a loft, and roughly half of the dwelling is still standing, but it looks very unsteady. To further punctuate the tenuous nature of the structure, the house area has been roped off for safety.

The house is roughly 30x60, and the West half of the house is still standing. What's left is a mass of charred and mostly burnt timbers, with the occasional pit and piece of a plate or piece of flatware visible here or there. There's not much to see in the mostly burnt section of the home, but the partially consumed side is easy enough to enter, with a side door that is ajar. The entire structure is visibly unstable and occasionally creaks or pops.

What's the plan? Who will enter? (It's basically an open area with bits and pieces of wreckage. You'd estimate that it'd take about a turn or two to do a thorough investigation. Glancing about, Faro notes no tracks in the home, it's apparently been untouched since the fire.

bearded_dork
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 am

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by bearded_dork »

Gerolt sighs inaudibly as the party rises to leave, having barely made it halfway through the comforting dark shag stuffed in his clay pipe. Picking out the dottle, he stashes the pipe into its case and puts it away before taking up his gear. Following them outside, his eyes narrow against the sunlight as he ambles along with the others to the burnt remains of the house in question.

"Well, let's have a look shall we?" he asks out loud to no one in particular and begins to search the ruin gently using the tip of his spear

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

Faro says, I will investigate further. I’ve not seen ropes like this in my shire, tho I suppose mounds don’t burn.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

Gorin takes a walk around the perimeter of the house, looking for anything on the ground that appears unusual.

Post Reply