A Burning Premonition

Badams30's Whitebox Game
greyarea

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

Faro removes the crossbow and bolts, and examines the knife to see if it has any value. Can any of you read these runes, mages? elf?

He will leave the body and hand the xbow (and bolts) to whomever needs to examine it. If the knife is just junk he will leave it.

I don't like the idea of "reporting" to some "village council", seeing as this isn't my town. But I'll go with you all if you want. Otherwise, we can leave this place, dreams or no dreams.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:Faro removes the crossbow and bolts, and examines the knife to see if it has any value. Can any of you read these runes, mages? elf?

He will leave the body and hand the xbow (and bolts) to whomever needs to examine it. If the knife is just junk he will leave it.

I don't like the idea of "reporting" to some "village council", seeing as this isn't my town. But I'll go with you all if you want. Otherwise, we can leave this place, dreams or no dreams.
The crossbow is well-made, sturdy by not elegant, and the carvings make it stand out. The goblin's knife doesn't even have an edge on it, its so rusty. It appears he may have used it to poke and eat food with. It is totally worthless.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:[...] (if you have no questions of him, he excuses himself to resume his patrolling)

Bizenghast: Human Magic-User

Bizenghast inquires with the man, "Plow & Sickle, they serve wine, correct?" she looks to her companions, "This is the place where we just were, yes? I had wine there." She asks all of this while she puts the crossbow into one of her large sacks, careful not to touch it with bare skin.

She warns her companions, "Let's not touch this until I have enough time to study it, okay?" She immediately marches the crossbow to her room (pays for a room), and begins to study Detect Magic! Clearly, her body language indicates she could not care less about the crossbow (or who wields it), but more about what is inscribed upon it! If this is not enough she will then study Read Magic straight away, and still - if that's not enough - she will then study Read Languages to get to the meaning of these Runes on the Crossbow. After all of this she will be ready to study Sleep once again and then collapse, exhausted, to rise for the next day's adventuring!

Available Spells
Level 1 Prepared:
Sleep
*Detect Magic
**Read Magic
***Read Languages

Level 2 Prepared:
N/A

Level 1 Available: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Light, Protection from Chaos, Read Languages, Read Magic, Sleep
Level 2 Available: N/A

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Horst eyes the crossbow with suspicion. "Perhaps this sorcerous weapon caused the fire?"

"Shall we return to the inn and acquire lodgings, more food, and of course, more ale? I'm eager to watch the council meeting tonight. It may prove entertaining!"

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf
greyarea wrote:Faro removes the crossbow and bolts, and examines the knife to see if it has any value. Can any of you read these runes, mages? elf?
Caladir takes a look at the crossbow to see if he can understand the runes. Yes, perhaps it did start the fire. Why would a goblin come by something like this...

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric's curiosity gets the better of his nauseau. "In my old life I coulda put that crossbow to good use," he says, with more than a hint of nostalgia in his voice. He watches Biz depart with it, then turns to Faro. "Come now, my friend. We didn't come this far to be scared off by a town meeting. It's not like we're gettin' hauled in front of the hangin' judge. Believe me. I've been in front of a hangin' judge. I'll tell you the tale over a pint of ale sometime. You're buyin', right?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Aye, nothin' these town folks can say that'll scare me, let's go," Gorin says. "Oh, lemme take a look at that crossbow, maybe those 'r Dwarf runes," he says to Bizenghast.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

merias wrote:"Aye, nothin' these town folks can say that'll scare me, let's go," Gorin says. "Oh, lemme take a look at that crossbow, maybe those 'r Dwarf runes," he says to Bizenghast.
Again, without touching the crossbow with her bare skin, she produces the crossbow and shows it to Gorin.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

As you make your way back to the inn with your loot, you notice a couple other militia men come with a small cart to remove the goblin body. The crowd gawks and stands by watching - this is obviously the most excitement this place has had in some time.

You still have a couple of hours till the council meeting, do you just wish to return to the inn, or something else? Your cursory examinations of the crossbow reveal nothing, but the wizard-types among you are convinced that it is magical in nature.

Can we get a quick recap of what each person wants to do prior to the meeting?

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Looks like we have the luxury of time for the moment. I'm going to make introductions with Evianna, see what she thinks of the crossbow and recent activities. Anyone care to join me? Calardir will put the crossbow in a bag for the time being, gobbies have cooties...

OCC: God speed Brandon!