merias
Site Admin

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

Gorin will accompany Calardir.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Faro will inconspicuously follow Calardir.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Just for a lark, Horst heads towards the Sooner's Farm...specifically Sooner's barn.

Horst would like to find some of the farm workers and try to get some information about what is really going on in the town.

He will try to avoid the owners.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

spanningtree wrote:Calardir - ElfCalardir will put the crossbow in a bag for the time being, gobbies have cooties...
The crossbow is in Bizenghast's bag and after showing it to Gorin, sped off to her room to study it, cast detect magic & identify on it, etc.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

connivingsumo wrote:
spanningtree wrote:Calardir - ElfCalardir will put the crossbow in a bag for the time being, gobbies have cooties...
The crossbow is in Bizenghast's bag and after showing it to Gorin, sped off to her room to study it, cast detect magic & identify on it, etc.
Okay.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric asks Horst if he can tag along.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

tumblingdice wrote:Wulfric asks Horst if he can tag along.
Horst replies, "Let's stretch our legs a bit. Maybe someone at the big farm has something more important to say than the council."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Those heading to Sooner's Farm:
Horst and Wulfric make their way towards the Sooner's Farm - a large two story farmhouse. If you had any doubt as to what this place was, the large sign emblazoned "Sooner's Farm" gives it away.

There are about 10 common looking laborers here, they seem to be transferring some freshly picked corn from a farm wagon to 4 caravan wagons. They pause to say hello as you approach, but continue to work. Two young men in their 20s appear to be supervising, and they begin to approach as you come near. "Hello there. Is there something we can help you gents with?"

The Grove
Gorin, Calardir, Faro, and Gerolt make their way to the grove. It's a small and peaceful ring of trees that is bordered by the river to the west and on it's three remaining sides by a series of wide tiers formed by paving stones. The trees have interwoven and grown together so much that it's hard to see up in the tree canopy. As you approach, you notice a small covered shrine at the center of the grove, clearly a shrine to X'ander, elven god of nature and the harvest. There are piles of seeds, vegetables and other things stacked about the shrine, presumably offerings. As you take in the serene site, you hear a melodic voice say "Hello, strangers. Welcome to the grove. do you need aid, or does something else bring you here?"

Stepping out from behind the shrine is a beautiful human female in a green flowing dress with a mace at her side. She has long brown hair, piercing green eyes, and a strange calming presence about her. She smiles at you all as she slowly approaches. You can't help but notice that several bluebirds and a couple hummingbirds seem to be flying above her, following her as she moves.

Meanwhile, at the Inn
Bizenghast retires to her room for now, examining the strange crossbow. It's obviously enchanted, and after spending some time, she feels pretty confident that the runes are simple magical runes, but within the runes, a word stands out - "Blaze." She holds the crossbow and utters the word, and as she does, the weapon's glow increases slightly, and it gets warm, but not hot or uncomfortable. The glow and warmth fades after about 30 seconds. She gets the feeling that the word is a command word of some sort, but either she isn't able to operate this, or something else needs to be done to make its special function workable...

Actions? You have a couple hours before the council meeting, so plenty of time to do what you need to do.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Horst nods to the men and introduces himself and Wulfric, "We are not gentlemen, but common folk just like you. I left my father's farm to soldier instead. Traveling's hell, food is usually hardtack, and the coin is often scarce. Besides that, I like it!"

"We are looking for something that we've both seen in a bad dream...a glowing stone. Have you fellows heard of such a thing? Like I said, coin is fairly scarce, but any help you can give us would be appreciated."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:Horst nods to the men and introduces himself and Wulfric, "We are not gentlemen, but common folk just like you. I left my father's farm to soldier instead. Traveling's hell, food is usually hardtack, and the coin is often scarce. Besides that, I like it!"

"We are looking for something that we've both seen in a bad dream...a glowing stone. Have you fellows heard of such a thing? Like I said, coin is fairly scarce, but any help you can give us would be appreciated."
The men glance at each other and then back at you. One of them says "A glowing stone? Can't say that rings a bell." Then a moment later the other man says "Liam, didn't that crazy Shadis fella say something about a glowing stone and fires and all that?"The other man gets a look of recognition and chuckles... "Oh, yeah, that Shadis guy said something about a glowing stone, but it was just crazy talk. He didn't say anything much about the stone, but kept rambling about fires and whatnot." They shrug and shake their heads.