A Burning Premonition

Badams30's Whitebox Game
spanningtree
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Entering the tavern he nods to his new found comrades and the bar maid. He will stow his crossbow in a corner and take a nearby seat with his back to the wall. Marta, I'll take an ale for now.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

"Looks like we should be talkin' ta this Evianna person, in the grove, but maybe first this Miriam fella," Gorin says to the others, once he is settled in with an ale and a plate of bread and cheese. Gorin will try to capture the attention of Miriam the next time he passes by.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:"Looks like we should be talkin' ta this Evianna person, in the grove, but maybe first this Miriam fella," Gorin says to the others, once he is settled in with an ale and a plate of bread and cheese. Gorin will try to capture the attention of Miriam the next time he passes by.
Marta brings you all your requested drinks and food items with a smile, and tells you to holler if you require more.
Miriam enters the main room and Gorin is able to get his attention. Miriam approaches the table, surveys your band and smiles: "Hello there. I hope you are enjoying your meals. What can I do for you folks?" He stands waiting your replies.

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric - cleric/glutton

Wulfric orders the faintest ale he can get, but compensates by ordering a giant capon leg, if one is available. He'll noisily lick grease from his fingers as he eats, and crudely wipe foam from his beard, but otherwise keep quiet. It's clear Gorin has the floor at the moment.

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

Gorin turns to Miriam. "A fine little town ye have here, and a fine inn by the looks of 'er. I'm Gorin and these are me companions, adventurers the lot. What can ya tell us about the recent events here with this Shadis? Any idea where he went? And who is this Evianna we hear about?" Gorin sits back, taking a sip from his ale.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

The man with the eyepatch nods and smiles at the compliment. "Thank you, sir. Miriam Oddly, at your service. Glad to meet you all." He furrows his brow at the mention of Shadis and recent events. "Oh, that Shadis fella and his visions. I can't say that I believe him, but with the Mason's house burning? Well... I don't know. Where'd he go? North, I guess. Not sure. I didn't see him leave, but he took his stuff with him. I do feel bad for the fella. Did you know him? Maybe you could take a peek at the Mason's house and see what you find... I'm afraid you'll find that he lit it himself, but if there is something to his visions, then it'd be nice to know. You know what I'm saying?"

At the mention of Evianna, his expression changes to a more peaceful one. "Evianna? Did you see that grove of trees (AREA 3) along the river, just north of the village square? That's her home. She's a priestess of X'ander. The elves come to visit her sometimes, and she's always doin' a solid for the Sooner's whenever they need it. She knows alot about things around here, some say that the critters tell her stuff. If you need healing or help, you can make a donation at her shrine and she'll help you out. You could ask her about Shadis, maybe she knows something I don't. But I'll betcha she'd like to get to the bottom of this too."

After a long pause, he leans in toward your table and says quietly "Since you're adventurers, you might be interested in hearing this: one of my guests is asking everyone in the village if they've seen anyone transporting a coffin through town. Seems like someone dug up his deceased wife and made off with her - coffin and all. Rumor has it that there's some necromancer that's got a lair somewhere to the east of town, some are sayin' that he may have taken her, but nobody wants to say anything to upset the fella. Says he's offerin' 1000 gold for her safe return.... uh, relatively speaking, of course."

We'll if you find anything out about that fire, or Evianna gives ya some gem of knowledge, let me know. I'm a member of the council, and I run the militia, and I'd bet Jacob would be interested to hear more."

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1011
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

"Thanks fer all that, we're sure ta visit Evianna, and we'll let ya know if we find out anythin' new." Gorin says, then continues, "Oh, what was the name o' yer guest lookin' fer the coffin? We might like ta speak to him."

spanningtree
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Cladir nods. Yes, the house might be a good place to start and right under our noses. Regarding potential necromancers, those types need to be squashed right away... before they have a foothold. Especially in a small place like this.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

merias wrote:"Thanks fer all that, we're sure ta visit Evianna, and we'll let ya know if we find out anythin' new." Gorin says, then continues, "Oh, what was the name o' yer guest lookin' fer the coffin? We might like ta speak to him."
Miriam replies "Wallace is his name. He walks with a cane. He's stayin' upstairs. If you want to talk to him I'll tell him you're wantin' to chat with him when I see him next."

User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by tumblingdice »

Wulfric - cleric

Wulfric listens to Miriam, then laughs in spite of himself. Back in my day we'd have men'd do anything to lose their livin' wife. Safe return of their dead wife, he says, shaking his head. If that don't beat all...

The cleric takes another pull off his tankard. Still, it's better than sitting on our fat arses doing nothing, beggin' your pardon, miss, he adds, with an embarrassed glance at Bizenghast. What does St. Cedrik say? Oh, right. 'Idle hands are the means by which the infernal Vulcoo pleasures himself.'

Assuming an awkward silence falls over the table, he'll add, St. Cedrik was never one for fancy words. Still, that doesn't sound right, does it? Oh well, you know what I mean.

Post Reply