A Burning Premonition

Badams30's Whitebox Game
Post Reply
User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

Horst speaks to Gorin, "Master Dwarf, this building looks as if it could fall any minute. I am no expert, but I would believe you might be? Safe enough to walk through with care?"

Also Horst will examine the perimeter for any sign of a basement or cellar. "Gorin, any sign of a cellar in the rubble, perchance?"

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by greyarea »

Faro pipes up, So you are afraid of the stability the rubble but are eager to go below it? I will never understand humans.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

Horst laughs at Faro's comment, "No, not eager, my friend. Just wondering if something important may lie below this pile of rubble. I thought if we did find something, you would volunteer to take a peek."

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 971
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by merias »

Gorin lends his Dwarven eye to the stonework that is left standing.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Human Magic-User

Bizenghast, nose still buried her book, apparently hasn't noticed her companions have stopped to inspect the structure as she walks right past them and into the burnt building!


Available Spells
Level 1 Prepared:
Sleep


Level 2 Prepared:
N/A


Level 1 Available: Charm Person, Detect Magic, Hold Portal, Light, Protection from Chaos, Read Languages, Read Magic, Sleep
Level 2 Available:N/A

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

"Hey! Girl!" Horst moves quickly to pull her back from the burned out house.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:"Hey! Girl!" Horst moves quickly to pull her back from the burned out house.
At first she jerks her arm out of his grasp and points a scolding glare at him for interrupting her studies, then realizes he may have saved her life! "Oh! I'm so sorry, Horst. Thank you. I'm engrossed in this formula. I'm trying to figure it out." Quite embarrassed, she steps back behind the group as she puts her volume away, and then tries to be helpful with the group's task at hand.

spanningtree
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by spanningtree »

Calardir - Elf

Calardir ducks under the rope and carefully makes his way into the wreckage. The sun will be down soon...

Calardir will keep a sharp eye out for anything recoverable.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1156
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by jcftao »

connivingsumo wrote: At first she jerks her arm out of his grasp and points a scolding glare at him for interrupting her studies, then realizes he may have saved her life! "Oh! I'm so sorry, Horst. Thank you. I'm engrossed in this formula. I'm trying to figure it out." Quite embarrassed, she steps back behind the group as she puts her volume away, and then tries to be helpful with the group's task at hand.
"I beg your forgiveness, young miss. I meant no offense, only wishing you to be safe. Is there anything in that tome of yours to remove the nightmares that have been tormenting us?"

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: A Burning Premonition

Post by badams30 »

Gorin surveys the stonework foundation and figures that it is pretty stable, as are the lower portions of the walls. The roof and some of the exposed burnt timbers are very suspect, however.

The party carefully searches the wreckage, and after about 10 minutes, a creak turns into a crash, and a large section of wall directly next to Calardir collapses outwards, raising a cloud of ash and dust. It also kicks up a foul odor, and as he sniffs around, the elf locates it's source: a partially rubble covered body of a goblin! It has an odd looking shortbow poking out from beneath it's body as well. You surmise you could remove the body and bow, but it'd take probably 20-30 minutes of careful work, including propping up a precariously leaning nearby wall.

The collapse draws a few onlookers who mutter and stare, curious as to what's going on. They don't impede your search however, they are milling about, trying to see what's going on.

As you talk about what to do next, you can see the body appears to have been deceased for a couple of days, and has some burns on it, so it was obviously killed by the fire or about the same time.

Actions?

Post Reply