Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

At the mention of sacrifice, Otis glares toward the source of the noise. "Sacrifice? As in killin? We can't let this happen! We need to do somethin! We could sink these boats, and I kin' run down there and cause a ruckus, make em' all confused and maybe they'd be less of them and we could set those people free!"

OOC: Big Yikes. Part of me wonders if these aren't willing sacrifices (like Aztecs or whatever) and boy would we look silly rescuing someone who doesn't want to be. But without knowing, Otis wouldn't want to not intervene. Ugh. This could be Faerie Banquet Beatdown Part 2.

I think if we scuttle the canoes quickly, then maybe someone could shoot an arrow at the shaman, at the same time Otis could do a Leroy Jenkins and run in, draw some pursuers and then run like hell, it might work. Why scuttle the canoes? If we intervene, they'll know we're here anyway, so moot point, and it'll add some confusion to this. THat's all I've got. The only other option is to ignore this, hide and examine the scene afterwards. This could be a sacrifice in advance of a war party or something too.......

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo nods, Yeah, we can’t let them all be killed, that for sure. I wonder if I’ll end up in some cell again like I did back in Fairyland. I think we should find their village and set it on fire. Then we ambush the leaders or free the captives. Or both, who knows.

OOC: yep, Faerie Banquet Part 2

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:46 pm
OOC: Big Yikes. Part of me wonders if these aren't willing sacrifices (like Aztecs or whatever) and boy would we look silly rescuing someone who doesn't want to be.
IIRC, it appears their hands & feet are bound, so probably not willing. :(

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1194
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by merias »

"I agree, a distraction is in order. But from what you've said there are far too many men for us - we have to draw them away and disappear after we rescue the captives. Any plan that does that is a good one, I think."

User avatar
herself
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:46 pm
This could be Faerie Banquet Beatdown Part 2.
This time, they're not messing around!


:lol: :lol:
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image

Sammich checks to see if the bog is flammable.


What are the chances this bog is flammable?

We could do the "Snipe the Shaman/Leader guy" plan and if all these evil fools chase us into a flammable area... WHOOOOSH!!!!


Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.


User avatar
badams30
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:52 pm
Sammich Buttonchubb
Image

Sammich checks to see if the bog is flammable.


What are the chances this bog is flammable?

We could do the "Snipe the Shaman/Leader guy" plan and if all these evil fools chase us into a flammable area... WHOOOOSH!!!!


Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

I like this idea. Of course Otis will volunteer to be the bait/decoy if the plan calls for it.Too bad we don't have time to make some traps to slow them down or whittle the numbers down. I wonder if this is like a war party and the prelude to something or if it's just some captives being executed.

User avatar
herself
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

It’s an idea. Susanna likes it.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

In researching bog fires, I'm inclined to believe that they are really slow burning. But who knows? As slow as I've been posting, you may just be able to burn the swamp down!v :D

As you contemplate your next move, a dark figure strides out to the shore and begins reciting loudly in some unknown tongue. His arms stretch out towards the dark water...

Actions?

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image
jcftao wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 am
As you contemplate your next move, a dark figure strides out to the shore and begins reciting loudly in some unknown tongue. His arms stretch out towards the dark water...
Actions?
Whispering to his party as quietly as he can... "Ooooooh! Look at that!!" pointing to the dark figure, "Let's get'eem!!"

The Hobbit nocks and arrow and squints his left eye while his tongue sneaks out toward his right eye...


Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.


Post Reply