Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis crouches down near Sammich with his sword and shield ready. He whispers "I hope he isn't trying to call a monster or some of his buddies..."

Otis will wait to see what transpires.

OOC: If, uh... I mean WHEN this goes wrong, we probably need a rally point to retreat to. Assuming we're alive, of course.

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo’s eyes widen with horror at the slaughter Sammich might unleash. He prepares for battle, nocking an arrow…

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by merias »

Erwin watches Sammich and readies his sling. He'll fire at the same target.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image
badams30 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:40 pm
OOC: If, uh... I mean WHEN this goes wrong, we probably need a rally point to retreat to. Assuming we're alive, of course.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, whispering to his party... "If he is summoning a monster, then we should definitely help him function as a Pin-Cushion! ...The one like Mama's." With his non-squinting eye, he sees his companions getting ready! "OK! Looks like we're doin this!!"

Sammich lets one two fly! ...arrows that is. :oops:


Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.


User avatar
herself
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

Susanna will hiss "We're really doing this??", while she pulls out her heavy crossbow. If the others shoot, she'll shoot. That said, if a monster comes out of the water, she's definitely shooting that.

While they wait she'll mentally try to retrace the way they came so if she needs to flee that way she can. Swimming is not an option! Hehe.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo's heart skips a beat. Then he fires, same target as Sammich

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image
herself wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:56 am
Susanna will hiss "We're really doing this??"


Whispering... "Well we need to save those people!" The gravity of the situation seems to come to light on Sammich's face. "Well... I'm a lot more brave back here, with friends."


Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

Perhaps it is the darkness or the gravity of the situation, but Sammich's first arrow flies off target. It misses the high priest, but strikes a warrior standing nearby, killing him. The second arrow finds its home and the high priest howls in rage. The arrow sticks into his bicep!

Fungo and Susanna both fire a volley and miss the high priest. Fungo does however, hit a couple warriors, wounding them.

The ceremony stops...all is dead silent for a few heartbeats as the entirety of the tribe turns towards the hobbits...and then blood-curdling screams of rage erupt in an unholy chorus! Warriors grab torches and weapons and rush towards Sammich and Fungo's location.

Actions?

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, I suggest we move locations.

He fires again at the priest.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

The high priest is lost among the throng of blood-thirsty savages heading your way. They'll be upon you in two rounds.

@Fungo...do you still wish to fire your bow?

Post Reply