Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by mythictom »

With a chuckle and pout, Moonglimmer queries, "Summer sun? More like the Autumn twilight, Sir Knight. When the days grow short and the light dims. ..." she trails off.

The elf places a hand upon the aging knight's forearm as she passes by him. "Your company is welcome and appreciated, but I am an Elf. The forest is my home, and within it I am as safe as these humble servants of the Green Man."

She chitters to the spider, asking him to descend from his perch. "And this, Noble Sir, is my first and truest friend -- Attercop," the elf-maid states, formally introducing her boon companion to her newest friends.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Welcome, Sir Hedwig. I am Erwin, Cleric of Silvanus. We would be grateful for the aid of your sword," Erwin says. "Now, where is this young child you speak of?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Aethelwine interrupts the conversation with a loud clearing of his throat, "Come inside, all of you...well, except for the bird, the spider, and the horse. We'll need to get you fed and on your way. The smell of horse will no doubt attract a bandersnatch. They are dangerous when hungy, and they're always hungry." He points to the side of his long house. Deep claw marks show on one wall.

"Rest a bit, I have some honey mead and a little bit of persimmon wine...oh, and some turnip stew and rye bread. I'll tell you where the rowan tree can be found."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Lord Beamish's men-at-arms wish you well and you see them marching off towards Beamish Hall whistling and carrying the boar on the stout pole.

The inside of Aethlewine's long house is tidy. A small fire is set in the fireplace and a kettle hangs over it. Turnip stew smells pretty good after your long walk. Herbs hang from the rafters in bunches, drying. The table is spread with pecans, which the cleric appears to be in the midst of cracking.

He heals Erwin and Otis with a herbal salve. Aethelwine speaks with Erwin, "This recipe is not difficult, a little time consuming, but not difficult. When you have journey a bit farther along the Green Man's path, come find me and I shall teach you how this is prepared."

After a filling meal and cups of mead and wine, the cleric lights his pipe. "The north trail from here will soon turn towards the west. It is there that you will break trail and continue northward. Soon the forest will rise and upon the largest ridge stands a rowan tree suitable for your bow. Moonglimmer, you must harvest a branch for yourself. Take no wood from any other tree in the forest. Keep your eyes sharp for the bandersnatch and come back to me once you have it."

Aethelwine stands abruptly and taps his pipe out in the fireplace, "Blessings of Silvanus upon you all and may the Green Man keep you safe in your travels."

Actions?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Erwin, cleric 1, AC12, HP 6/6, staff
Roger, fighter 1, AC10, HP 7/7, herring axe (+1 to hit)
Moonglimmer, elf 1, AC11, HP 7/7, spear (+1 to missiles)
Fungo, hobbit burglar 1, AC11, HP 6/6, ball of twine
Bizenghast, magic-user 1, AC11 HP 6/6, walking stick
Otis, fighter 1, AC10, HP 6/7, table leg (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Sigga, fighter 1, AC10, HP 7/7, warhammer (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Sir Hedwig, fighter 1, AC 15, HP 7/7, longsword (+1 hit/dmg due to Str)
Attercop the Giant Spider
Bane the JubJub Bird
Goliath the Warhorse

Black_Pudding

Post by Black_Pudding »

merias wrote:"Now, where is this young child you speak of?"
Puzzled by Erwin’s question, the wizened knight gestures toward Fungo. ”Obviously I speak of the young boy there.”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo wonders if a bow is worth all of this...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Onetime Farmhand, Current Aspiring Warrior

Otis eats his fill, constantly thanking Athelwine for his hospitality. He quietly listens to the dinner conversations, and finds himself staring at Sir Hedwig with a mixture of curiosity and awe. Prior to retiring for the night, Otis will pocket any leftovers that he can carry.

Assuming we are camping out, Otis will make himself useful, gathering some suitable firewood and helping to make a comfortable fire for the night.

EDIT: OOOPS.... was thinking it was later. Yikes. Okay - Otis will gather his meager possessions and prepare to follow these folks to get a piece of wood, silently wishing he had a real weapon....
Last edited by badams30 on Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

You know that there may be 6 hours till dusk yet.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"I think the sooner we leave, the sooner we return," Moonglimmer suggests.

" Is everybody ready to go? "