Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

Post by mythictom »

Whilst everyone else is posturing, Moonglimmer will sneak out to verify that the horse and cart are, indeed, outback.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"No, no, I've had enough of your rock! You can find your wagon out back with your old nag. The goods on the back belong to the villagers. They can rot for all I care!"

"Rindel will be travellin' 'round. I don't know where he'll be off to next. He was finishing up, so I suppose he'll be going back to Deliverance soon. You lot ain't fit to travel there...that's three days ride to Milltown...you know the Knights of Nye roam the woods near there! After that you'll cross the Edding river and it's still a week's travel to Deliverance! If you ain't robbed by knights, your bones will be picked clean by ravens! You best stay warm and cozy in your huts!"

"Now, I've told you all I can tell. I'm leaving." He stands and walks to the table to pick up his backpack and leave.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:Whilst everyone else is posturing, Moonglimmer will sneak out to verify that the horse and cart are, indeed, outback.
Moonglimmer slips out the back quietly. She does indeed see a wagon and a draft horse attached to it. Also a riding horse is tied to a post nearby. It has a plain saddle and a bedroll tied behind. Cast off to the side of the wagon are a half dozen shrubs. The wagon has a couple sacks of grain in it, a few smaller burlap sacks, a wooden cask, and some rolled up bundles...possibly bedrolls and clothes.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
mythictom wrote:Whilst everyone else is posturing, Moonglimmer will sneak out to verify that the horse and cart are, indeed, outback.
Moonglimmer slips out the back quietly. She does indeed see a wagon and a draft horse attached to it. Also a riding horse is tied to a post nearby. It has a plain saddle and a bedroll tied behind.
Moonglimmer will go over to check out the saddled horse.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer inspects the horse. It looks like a standard riding horse, definitely not meant for battle. There are no distinguishing marks on it, nor any brands. It is shod and looks well cared for.

The saddle is plain leather. A leather waterskin hangs from it. A pair of saddlebags and a bedroll are tied behind it. Taking a look in the saddlebags, Moonglimmer finds a bit of iron rations (dried meat, dried fruit, and some hardtack biscuits), probably one week's worth. In the other saddle bag is a small cookpot made of clay and a sack of oatmeal, a wooden spoon, and a camp knife wrapped in linen. The blade is not for battle, but camp chores. There is also a small pouch of salt and a bundle of dried herbs.

She also finds a change of clothes wrap up in the bedroll--simple clothing, a brown tunic and gray breeches, and a cloak.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote: "Now, I've told you all I can tell. I'm leaving." He stands and walks to the table to pick up his backpack and leave.
"And good riddance to you," Erwin says as the man leaves. He sits for a moment. "Tibbs, I think I'll take you up on that ale, many thanks," he says. "Where to now my friends? Shall we follow this Rindel, or forget him now that we have Roger's belongings back? A trip to Deliverance sounds like a grand adventure!"

Tamerlaine

Post by Tamerlaine »

Sigga has sat down at a nearby table, tossing her hammer onto the surface with a clatter. Though her face wouldn’t show it, the fight had left her with a deep satisfaction. She takes her ale and drinks deeply with the excess dripping into her beard.

Pausing to run the back of her forearm against her mouth, the dwarf turns to the others. “Aye, we’ll go to Deliverance. I’ll ride in the wagon.” Sigga snaps a look at Roger, daring him to say anything contrary. Drinking another deep pull of her ale, she slams the tankard down. “Another, barkeep!”

“I’ll not forge another horseshoe nail ever again,” Sigga mutters under her breath.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer finishes her inspection of the saddlebags just as the man in leather armor comes out the back of the Lion and Lamb tavern.

He casts a sour look at the wood elf, "That horse over there is the shrubber's. This one is mine."

He checks over the contents of his saddlebags and grunts in satisfaction.

Pulling himself up onto his horse, he roughly jerks the reins, "Next time we meet, elf, I will kill you."

He spurs his horse foward and gallops southward down the road.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer enters the tavern, frowns at the lushy dwarf, and tells Roger, "Your horse and wagon - and shrubs! - are out back."

"Oh, and the brigand threatened to kill me," she states matter-of-factly as she slumps into a chair.

"Nice people you do business with," she says with a smile to recently roused men who beat her up.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

One of the villagers looks at another and says, "Well, I guess we ain't goin', huh?"

The other man sighs, "C'mon Sack, let's go get our things off the wagon."

The other villagers file out to gather their belongings. They leave quietly, returning to their homes.

A couple men turn back to load the shrubs into the wagon and then leave.