Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

Post by jcftao »

The party works cautiously through the forest. After about an hour or so, they spy a rocky outcropping with a den hole dug into one side. Nothing is stirring, but Attercop perches in a nearby tree and watches the hole, waiting.

<Elf friend, two wolves are within. No other vibrations do I feel. You are hurt. Let the others capture your food. Wait in this tree with me. It is getting bright and time to sleep.> Attercop chitters to Moonglimmer.

The den is 100 yards distant. Weather is mild and the sun is shining through the trees.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Attercop senses two wolves inside, but is unsure," Moonglimmer informs the others.

"He suggests I let you three attack while I watch from outside because I am injured. "

"Would anyone like my spear?"

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Roger looking at his rock
Perhaps I better take that, I think a spear would fair better against these devil dogs than my rock

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Silvanus gives me some influence over animals, but in this case I think these wolves will just resume feasting on sheep once we leave. Let's take care of the problem once and for all," Erwin says, approaching the cave, staff ready.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer hands Roger her spear and starts looking for a stout branch to use as an impromptu club... in case of emergency.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin, Roger, and Sigga move towards the den. Suddenly a low growl comes from the hole. Two wolves move out of the den, both growling and ears flattened.

The wolves lunge forward as the party advances.

Roger braces his spear as a wolf closes on him. The spear tip misses its mark and the wolf bites Roger on the leg!

Erwin strikes the wolf over the back with his hardwood staff, causing the wolf to yelp.

Sigga lands a heavy blow on the other wolf as it tries to bite her but misses.

The party gains initiative and Roger jabs at the wolf with his spear...miss! He is wishing he still had his rock.

Erwin comes to his rescue and clubs the wolf, killing it instantly!

Sigga lands a heavy blow on the other wolf. It too lies dead.

The wolves are defeated.

Actions?

Status
Erwin Dirtnap C1, AC 10, HP 6, staff
Moonglimmer Honeysuckle E1, AC 11, HP 4/7, wooden spear
Roger the Shrubber F1, AC 10, HP 4/7, rock
Sigga Grimstone F1, AC 10, HP 8, war hammer
Attercop, Giant Spider, full health

Initiative=simulaneous
Roger=4 miss
wolf on Roger=14, hit...3 dmg
Erwin=17 hit, 3 dmg
Sigga=13 hit, 5 dmg (4+1)

Initiative, Rnd 2
PCs=4, wolves=2
Roger misses, 11
Erwin hits, 14, dmg 6, wolf dead!
Sigga hits, 16, dmg 5, wolf dead!

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Damn! Damn! Damn! My bloody leg!
Roger howls while hopping on his good leg

Oh I better sit for a while and wrap this wound
Roger leans himself against a tree to rest.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin helps Roger bind his wounds, then skins the wolves. "We can collect the reward and sell the pelts," he says. "Let's head back to the farm and do the same with the large wolf we left there, then head back into town and speak to the Mayor."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin looks over Roger's wounds. He binds the wounds, wishing that he would have thought of collecting some healing herbs in the woods.The party skins out the wolves at the den and then sets off to Kenneth the Shepherd's farm.

Moonglimmer's spider friend travels to the edge of the forest with the party and then finds a large tree to nestle in...it chitters to Moonglimmer <I will sleep now, elf friend. When you leave the human nest, call and I will join you.>

At Kenneth's farm, the party skins the remaining wolves. They have five wolf pelts in all!

Kenneth the shepherd is there to see the party's successful hunt. He is sad that another of his sheep is killed, but glad to know that the wolves are stopped for now.

At the center of the village, Hammond the mayor greets the party. Many other villagers are there to see the wolf pelts and hear of the adventure. The mayor offers a great feast to honor the heroes!

A trader offers to buy the green pelts from the party. He offers 10sp per pelt and 15 for the pack leader's pelt. A total of 55sp. [Note--reminder that I am using the silver standard for our campaign...a standard sword may cost 10sp...a shield 5sp...leather armor 25sp]

Truman greets the party and lets them know that the mayor will be presenting their reward at this evening's feast.

Actions?

Status
Erwin Dirtnap C1, AC 10, HP 6, staff
Moonglimmer Honeysuckle E1, AC 11, HP 4/7, wooden spear
Roger the Shrubber F1, AC 10, HP 6/7, rock
Sigga Grimstone F1, AC 10, HP 8, war hammer
Attercop, Giant Spider, full health

Roger gets back 2 hp for binding wounds

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

On a side note, Moonglimmer has expressed her interest in obtaining a new elven bow. In order to do this, she needs special materials, in particular a branch of the rowan tree. This is prized by elves for its strength and magical qualities. Worshippers of Silvanus regard this tree with great respect.

Erwin does indeed have knowledge of the rowan tree. He has heard that deep in the Forests of Nye, the rowan tree does grow. But dangers also lurk in the ancient forest. For one thing, the Knights of Nye are unpredictable and may need to be placated. Erwin and Moonglimmer both understand that harvesting a branch of the rowan tree will require delicate actions.