Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 1 ~ A Journey Begins

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer immediately tends to Erwin's wounds.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Moonglimmer attends to the fallen Erwin. She wipes his brow with a damp cloth.

Erwin is out cold, but after about ten minutes, his eyes flutter open and he is feeling better.

[Erwin regains 3 hp. All the other damage is also subdual and will be regained in a few hours at most.]

Current Status
Sigga HP 8/8
Erwin HP 3/6 subdual dmg
Moonglimmer 1/7 subdual dmg
Roger 5/7 subdual dmy

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin sits up weakly and looks around at the damage. "Thank you my friend," he says to Moonglimmer. "What happened? Where are the men?"

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

And let that be a lesson to you!
Roger shouts after the thugs holding his rock high over his head in triumph.
Oof, say my eye doesn't look bad does it?
He asks, completely unaware of the large dark purple circle freshly planted on his face.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"I'm sore all over," Moonglimmer grumbles as she massages her bruises.

"i had forgotten humans can be as rowdy as a pack of goblins arguing over a rat bone. "

The elf glances at the unconscious assailants. "Should we wake them and ask them some pointed *thumps spear* questions?"

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Yes, let's wake one and see what he has to say," Erwin says.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"And what can you tell us, Mister Barkeep?" Moonglimmer asks, flashing a devilish grin at the cowering man behind the bar.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The tavern keeper comes out from hiding amongst the kegs of ale. He wipes his hands nervously and stammers, "Gentle sirs! I...I...I am unarmed and bear you no ill will. My name is Tibbs. I own this establishment. The men you have knocked about are of two varieties. Those over there are local village folk. I know them and can vouch that they are of no particular evil intent. All they want is employment. That one over there, who seems to be coming round, is one of the companions of Rindel. Rindel was the fellow that just fled out the back door. I'm not certain where they hail from, but I did overhear that they came from the west, past Milltown, into the wilderness. They did mention the freetown of Deliverance.

I know that their leader, Rindel, likes to gamble and may have taken some of these men for more than they could afford. He was also going on about signing folks as hired teamsters and drivers, running a circuit up to the north to Granden Vale and back. I don't know about that job or any more about these men. Apparently they've been travelling about the villages looking for men to work. Other than inviting men to drink and gamble, I never saw Rindel or his men do anything against the law."

"I'm sorry to hear about the shrubber's misfortune. I know that a couple of the youth in the village are a little headstrong and had dreams to go west with these older fellows."

Tibbs looks sympathetically to Roger, "My apologies, good shrubber. Your wagon and horse are out back."

"Please, all of you...sit and I will pour you all a mug of ale on the house."

The men that have been knocked out, slowly come to consciousness. There are four villagers coming to and one man in leather armor rubbing his head. The fight has left all of them.

The villagers are sore and seem angry at the leather clad man. "We just wanted to get started with this new job. None of us want to fight anymore. His boss (points a figure at the leather clad man) promised us good wages and we wuz gettin' ready to leave. None of us laid a hand on the shrubber nor did we pay for any wagon. None of us has enough coin to buy a wagon...a drink, yes, but no wagon."

The leather clad man is naturally upset about being hit with a warhammer, "Now, you look here! We're recruiting drivers! You have no right to buffet my head with your clubs! I demand to see the Sheriff! He will rule this in my favor...especially since your dwarf attacked us first!", he glances at the dwarf with hatred in his eyes. "Of course, if you have some coin, it may ease the pain of such rough treatment."

Actions?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote: The leather clad man is naturally upset about being hit with a warhammer, "Now, you look here! We're recruiting drivers! You have no right to buffet my head with your clubs! I demand to see the Sheriff! He will rule this in my favor...especially since your dwarf attacked us first!", he glances at the dwarf with hatred in his eyes. "Of course, if you have some coin, it may ease the pain of such rough treatment."
"Yes, let's call the Sheriff, by all means let's see what he thinks of the way in which you acquired my friend's wagon," Erwin says, pointing at Roger. He crosses his arms and pauses for effect. "Now then, since Roger has his horse and wagon back, perhaps we can overlook your thievery if you tell us where this Rindel is headed? Deliverance, is it?"

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

I would say that would be fair. Unless you feel like you owe penance for assaulting me as well. In which case I'll be ready to give you what's owed.
Roger says lifting up his trusty rock.