Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Into the Forest of Nye

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress
merias wrote:Erwin dismisses the bird with a wave. "You see, this bird is quite harmless," he says. "Now then, shall we move on?"
Bizenghast looks at Erwin, mouth agape and quite confused. "If I had tried that it would've made that stupid bird more angry." She realizes her dislike of the bird, but is unsure why. Perhaps it reminded her of her slavers. "Devilry!" she spats before tucking herself back into the wagon.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin waves the bird away. It stands in the middle of the road, cocking its head and blinking, as the party moves farther into the woods. In a few moments, the party hears a loud honk and then a strangled warbling and the sound of feet.

And....she's back! The bird trots towards Erwin and stands close to him, putting her head on the cleric's shoulder.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"It appears you made a friend, Erwin," Moonglimmer says with a smile.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo eyes the bird. Can he ride it? he wonders. He will try to befriend the bird, aping Erwin's earlier efforts.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin watches the odd Hobbit. "Only those in the service of Silvanus will bend this creature to their will, Fungo," he says. "In any case, it does indeed look like we have a new companion, at least while we are in the forest. I shall call him Otis-bane, or Bane for short. Come along, Bane."

Son_of_Sod

Post by Son_of_Sod »

Roger eyes the big bird, and then looks at his old horse
Good thing this old nag is half blind, something tells me she wouldn't take kind to such a strange creature.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Son_of_Sod wrote:Roger eyes the big bird, and then looks at his old horse
Good thing this old nag is half blind, something tells me she wouldn't take kind to such a strange creature.
Bizenghast nods in agreement ~ thankful for the comfort of the cart more than some Big Bird pet.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis slowly but cautiously lowers his table leg and backs up, still a bit leery of the bird. He glances at Fungo and in response to his questions he says"No sir! I'm just by myself."At the mention of payment he looks perplexed, then assuming the halfling is serious he starts patting his side and glancing over his shoulder and with a sigh he says "I'm sorry little man, the only thing I've got is this here leg from my mama's table. I had some other stuff, but I guess I must have lost it when that ol' bird started chasin' me. I'd give you a silver if I had it, for sure."

Otis glances around and says "Where are my manners? My mama'd be slappin' me all over this forest right now. My name is Otis, Otis of Guyer. When my mama was dyin', she told me I should go make some new friends and find some adventure. I don't know anything about that, but I always do what mama tells me too...." Otis smiles sheepishly and glances about waiting to see if this band tries to kill him or asks him along....

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Great, more dirt poor folks. Well, I guess we just move on, says Fungo Nice to meet you, Oatmeal. I'm Fungo. I'm not sure about adventure. All I've had is saving that wethead from the river, he ways pointing a thumb at Bizenghast, and then some bird attack. We're off to the woods to find a tree so pointy-ears there can make a bow. If you consider that adventure, then, well, you're a sorrier sod than you look, and that's saying something. But I suppose you can join up with us on the tree-hunt.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis stops in his tracks at the mention of the forest. "Uh, you's going in the forest? Lord Bemish's forest? Uh... with the Knights and all that?"Otis exhales loudly and winces and then smiles broadly and says "Okey dokey then. I'm grateful for y'all takin' me in. My mama said I was pretty ree-sorceful. Whatever that means. You can count on me, yup."

Otis nods his head enthusiastically, occasionally shifting his gaze toward the bird. He waits for instructions.