Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:Erwin marches southeast with the group, towards Garwood, staff in hand.

Are clerics free-casting? If not, Erwin will memorize CLW. Also, what do we want for a marching order?
Yes, clerics are free casting fellows!

And whichever way you set up the marching order, Bane will always be by her new friend, Erwin.

Attercop is light sensitive and will travel in wooded areas if possible or underneath a wagon (sorry but Roger is using his horse and wagon at Beamish Hall).
So, Attercop will be in and out of the area depending on time of day. He will come to Moonglimmer's call if he is within earshot.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

A sunny and dry day greets the adventurers as they set out towards the Garwood...

Two days of travel, some on road and then overland and you make your way towards the dark forest known as Garwood. You've been unaccosted by bandits or villains of any sort and now you stand at the edge of a broad forest. The setting sun casts long shadows across the land and a crescent moon is rising in the east.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Should we camp here for the night?" Moonglimmer asks as she surveys the land. " We can enter the forest after breakfast. "

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter, Squire of Good!

Otis nods in agreement. "I think this is an okay place to camp. I'll gather some wood."
Otis, not too sure what a squire does, asks Sir Hedwig what he can do to help.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The party settles in for the night. The campfire keeps away the cold and several deer wander out of the forest at twilight. The party feast on slices of ham and brown bread with cheese and apples. A bottle of wine is passed around. Better to drink it now than not ever get a chance to do so.

The morning rays light up the world and the party begins to stir. Having a quick cold breakfast, they get ready to explore the Garwood.

OOC--marching order is not essential, but I'd like to know who is taking point and any extra precautions you may make. Also, what direction to you intend to go?

From your entry point, the forest is to the south, running east and west. Pick a course and let me know what you are doing.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer volunteers to take point, bow at the ready.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

As Bizenghast helps pack camp and organize other's items, she pleads - secretive and mournful - "I cannot go West... ever.".

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Let's head into the forest and keep generally to the southeast, since those were the directions we received," Erwin says. He has his staff in hand as he walks.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo agrees and walks beside Erwin.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter, Squire, not too bright guy

Otis agrees to the direction of travel. He sticks close to Sir Hedwig, wherever he goes - but does his best to keep a fair distance from Bane. He remarks "These ogre guys probably know this place pretty well... maybe we could see if the critters around here know anything about where they are hiding. Oh, and about that old fort place. I think we need to be a bit sneaky in how we deal with these big ogre guys. That's just what I think."

He pauses for a moment and says "And like my grandpa Earl, uh he was the smartest person in my family, uh... used to say... if you mess with the ogre, you'll get the... uh... horn? Yeah, if you mess with the ogre, you'll get the horn. That's what he used to say." Otis smiles proudly, momentarily absorbed in thought about Grandpa Earl and his vast knowledge.