Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by greyarea »

Fungo places his hands over his beautiful locks, I don't think I want to go on that hill. Those catbat-things will get tangled up in my hair.

Maybe these here ogre tracks will lead us to the ogres we have to kill. Right, Bizenghast? Them are ogre prints, right?

To my knowledge, Bizenghast hasn't told the rest of us what she's seen yet. If she has, I think this is a Scooby sized mystery we want to investigate, much better than some dumb old hill and some stupid old catbatthings.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Fungo [...]Maybe these here ogre tracks will lead us to the ogres we have to kill. Right, Bizenghast? Them are ogre prints, right?[/dialog]

To my knowledge, Bizenghast hasn't told the rest of us what she's seen yet. If she has, I think this is a Scooby sized mystery we want to investigate, much better than some dumb old hill and some stupid old catbatthings.
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast is snapped out of her thought by Erwin's suggestion. Nodding, she starts moving in the direction of cover. To Fungo, "Yes Master Hobbit; you're quite right!" she says to the Halfling as she describes the print's oddities. She thinks to herself how much she likes Hobbits's.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

greyarea wrote: Maybe these here ogre tracks will lead us to the ogres we have to kill. Right, Bizenghast? Them are ogre prints, right?[/dialog]
"Oddly enough for you, Fungo, that is a good idea. I hear Hobbits are quite sneaky, I suggest you scout out along the tracks, we will follow a ways behind," Erwin says (still moving to nearby cover if available).

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo scouts the tracks as best he can.

The tracks that are clearly not of ogres!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin and the rest of the party bravely hide behind some shrubbery as Fungo the Hobbit stumbles off in pursuit of the ogre and in the general direction of the hill...

As the hobbit approaches the hill, he decides to be clever and makes use of his small stature and the large stature of a nearby blackberry bush.

Cowering under the bush, he waits and watches. The hobbit is not particulary good at waiting or watching, but the swarm of large bats flying overhead give him the incentive to do so.

Fungo notes that the hill is more than a hill. It looks man-made and is a long earthen embankment that stretches in a great arc away from him. The bats are flitting above the bank and in time, they drift to the north.

Fungo is not sure if they were startled by or in pursuit of something. Either way, the little hobbit was glad he wasn't involved.

The ogre tracks have disappeared, but their is a hard packed dirt trail leading along the perimeter of the earthen bank. The trail winds north and south.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo sneaks further, hoping the foliage will help hide his little hobbit form. He will investigate the "hill" and see if he can see an entrance, as it reminds him of the hobbit holes of home.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo approaches the hill. There is a path moving north and south following the curve of the hill.

Does Fungo attempt to climb hill earthen wall? Or does he follow the path and if so which direction?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

He follows it north, staying off the path proper, keeping to whatever low brush he can.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo follows the path as it curves towards the north. The earthen embankment curves along and makes a large oval. Fungo heads along the path northward and then curving west till he gets to the top of the oval. An overgrown ditch, dug countless years past, lies before Fungo. It too is weedy and overrun with briars and trees. He can see an opening in the wall, nestled just between two stone monuments...or could they be ancient watchtowers?

Fungo sees a stag leaping out of the woods nearby and bounding towards the north. The stag is pure white and magnificent. He has never seen such a beast. Fungo is puzzled, for though he sees the stag leap through the woods, he can't hear its footfalls.

He only has a moment to ponder this when a flurry of hellbats whirl around him! The large bats swoop with evil abandon upon the helpless hobbit. Poor Fungo can see a cruel gleam in their eye as they circle to attack him.

Fungo has the initiative. There is a small flock of bats (about a half dozen) circling him. Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo pulls the gifted short sword from its sheath and runs back towards his compatriots, one hand on his head to keep the bats from getting in his hair. If they swoop down and attack, he will defend himself with his sword, but he is running at full tilt.