Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by jcftao »

The bats swarm and swoop upon the retreating form of Fungo!

Several try to land on the hobbit, but can't seem to get past his flailing arm and sword.

Fungo swats at the bats and grows concerned. They are more than a nuisance. The bats are trying to land on him and bite any exposed flesh!

Fungo runs down the path with the bats following. Two of them land on his back, biting and scratching him with claw and fang. They draw blood.
[Fungo takes a total of 3 points damage].

The hellbats bite Fungo and he brushes them away. More hellbats circle the poor hobbit...

...and just as they prepare to dive, they scatter quickly. Fungo looks to see them all flapping away at great speed to the south.

Standing nearby is a young maiden. She wears a gossamer gown and has an unearthly beauty and radiance about her. Fungo notes that she seems to be glowing with a white light. The maiden stands among the trees with her arms outstretched and a look of sadness in her eyes.

Fungo is injured slightly. Actions?
Fungo retreats, bats miss, fungo misses.
Initiative...round 2...fungo 2, bats 6
bats attack...17...19..two hit.
fungo attacks...9 miss.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Can the rest of us see Fungo at this point, or is he still out of sight?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:Can the rest of us see Fungo at this point, or is he still out of sight?
Fungo is ranging far and wide...away from your gaze at the moment. All you know is that he has wandered off in search of ogre tracks.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo looks up at the lady. Th.. th... thank you. I think those things could have been the end of me. I am called Fungo, and I am in your debt.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

OOC: How long has Fungo been gone for? If it's longer than 20-30 minutes, Otis will cautiously make his way toward the last visible location of the little guy.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo has been gone for about 30 minutes.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:Fungo has been gone for about 30 minutes.
"Fungo has been gone too long. I have some skill at hiding in the wilderness, so I will see where he has gone."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin follows the others trying to locate Fungo.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The glowing maiden in gossamer looks mournfully at Fungo, her sadness touching Fungo's own heart.

He can feel her pain only for a moment. She looks to the south and then to the north and then moves quickly northward.

After half a dozen steps, the maiden disappears into thin air.

Fungo looks about him. No bats at the moment...the trail goes northward and southward, earthen embankment to his west and more forest to the east.

----------------------
Otis moves forward towards the hill and tries to keep cover. Moonglimmer moves forward as well. Her movement is fluid and catlike as she easily slips through the forest.
The others also move towards the hill...not as quietly. Sir Hedwig is leading his warhorse.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo is happy the bats are gone. He heads back to his friends in the forest to tell them what he’s seen.