Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 3 The Kingdom Border

Post by jcftao »

merias wrote:
greyarea wrote:Fungo votes for investigating the ring fort at night.
"If the noise has died down you could sneak into the fort and tell us what you see. Also what kind of bat flies during the day?" Erwin asks.

To be fair (to the bats), they did their flying in daylight, but in dimly lit areas of the forest.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo thanks Otis. He empties his bladder (yet again) so as not to inadvertently do so if he encounters something scary. Then he sets to recon the circle fort.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

We can all accompany Fungo, we can just keep back a ways so as not to interfere with his stealthiness.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Erwin, Fungo is quite injured. Before he departs, perhaps you should practice your new magicks to heal him."

Moonglimmer turns to Fungo. "Little friend, I have some skill with stealth. I shall come with you, if you'd like?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

A waxing crescent moon is rising overhead and stars settle into the firmament. The air grows slightly chilly as a north wind blows a scattering of dead leaves across the entrance to the ring fort.
Only the dark hump of the earthen embankment is discernable with two white towers jutting out of the ground like wicked teeth, the darknesss between them drawing you close like an unholy void.

The party makes preparations to enter into the ring fort at night.

Any last actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis draws his sword and checks all his gear. He is ready to go in!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

mythictom wrote:"Erwin, Fungo is quite injured. Before he departs, perhaps you should practice your new magicks to heal him."

Moonglimmer turns to Fungo. "Little friend, I have some skill with stealth. I shall come with you, if you'd like?"
Thanks! I completely forgot Erwin was 2nd level now! :D

"Hold up there, Fungo. I can help with those nasty bat-bites."

Erwin casts CLW on Fungo.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, Thank you, Elvin. I thought clerics were just to tell me I was gonna be sorry for stealing such. I never knew you could help people.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Erwin Dirtnap attends to Fungo's wounds. He lays his hands over the inflamed bites and with a whispering word of supplication to Silvanus, the druid heals the hobbit. Not a trace of injury remains and Fungo feels completely revived from his adventure with the hellbats.

Fungo moves quietly towards the darkened abyss that lies between the large stone sentinels. The little hobbit shivers...is it just a bit of chill in the air or something else?

Fungo makes his way into the ring fort. All is deathly still as he stands in the darkness. The waxing crescent moon gives a little light to the area and Fungo can make out a pathway which goes left and right.

The right path looks to be sloping downward and the left path appears to be sloping gradually upward.

Still as Otis tries to be, the hobbit can hear the big man moving to support him.

Actions?

OOC--if this is a stealth mission, I'm assuming that Sir Hedwig's horse would be left behind. We'll go with that unless I hear otherwise.
Erwin's first healing attempt...roll=6! He would've healed 6+1....7 hit points.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »