Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Back to Beamish Hall

Post by jcftao »

The desperate men rush the lone warrior. The first tries to find an opening in her platemail for his dagger, but it slides off the steel plating. The second raises a quarterstaff but the warrior maiden is too quick for him! The third man swings wildly and catches Susanna a glancing blow along her helm...(1pt of damage).

Moonglimmer, the wood elf, steps lightly forward and quickly fires two arrows...one arrow flies wide missing the bandits. The second arrow sinks into the back of the man with the quarterstaff. He falls with a gurgling cry!

Susanna raises her mace to attack a bandit, but he ducks out of the way.

The rest of the party yells and charges forward towards the bandits...

[2nd round...pcs win initiative]

Susanna catches one of the bandits with a crushing blow to the chest...he dies before he hits the ground.

Fungo the hobbit races towards the remaining bandit, stabbing him with his shortsword...(5 points of damage!)

The last bandit falls, run through with the hobbit's blade!

Actions?

++++++++++++++++++
Erwin, cleric 2nd lvl, AC12, HP 8/8, silvered staff
Moonglimmer, elf 1st lvl, AC11, HP 7/7, elven longbow (+1 to hit)
Fungo, hobbit burglar 2nd lvl, AC11, HP 9/9, ball of twine, silvered shortsword (weapon of quality +1 to hit)
Bizenghast, magic-user 2nd lvl, AC11 HP 7/7, silvered walking stick
Otis, fighter 2nd lvl, AC15, HP 11/11, silvered longsword
Susanna, fighter 1st lvl, AC16, HP 7/7, mace, hvy crossbow

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo rises to his full four feet eight inches and looks back at his companions with a look-what-I-did grin on his face. He then turns to the lady in the heavy armor and bows saying, Fungo the bandit slayer, at your service.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis keeps a watchful eye on the surroundings, just in case these hooligans aren't alone. Once he's confident that there are no reinforcements, he'll join the others in greeting this newcomer.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna warily looks at the newcomers, but has to work off a gauntlet so she can wipe at the blood that's dripping into her eye.

She ducks her head in acknowledgement. "Thank you."

She looks down at the bodies, and nudges the nearest one with her toe, then looks up.

"You save Susanna, Susanna will help you." She nods, like this makes good sense. Then suddenly she looks doubtful. "Susanna help? Or if you want, Susanna go again." The warrior in full plate twists her hands nervously.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Welcome, Susanna Warmaiden," Moonglimmer smiles gently with a slight bow.

" I am Moonglimmer, and these are my companions Fungo the Hobbit, Erwin the Disciple of Silvanus, Otis the Warrior, and Bizenghast the Wizardess.

How came you to this fell forest beset by bandits? "

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo starts looting the bodies. Casual, like.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter
greyarea wrote:Fungo starts looting the bodies. Casual, like.
Otis glances at Fungo and says "Careful, they might have bugs or somethin'." Then realizing his poor manners, he nods politely at this Susanna and says "Howdy, Miss Susanna. I'm Otis. Otis of Guyre."

He stands fidgeting, glancing at Fungo intently, ready to help him if he needs a hand.

herself

Post by herself »

mythictom wrote:"Welcome, Susanna Warmaiden," Moonglimmer smiles gently with a slight bow.

" I am Moonglimmer, and these are my companions Fungo the Hobbit, Erwin the Disciple of Silvanus, Otis the Warrior, and Bizenghast the Wizardess.

How came you to this fell forest beset by bandits? "
Susanna grimaces at Moonglimmer's eloquent speech. She licks her lips and has a go. "Susanna go--uh, I'm heading, uh..." she squints up at the sky. "North? Look for work."

She gives her mace a shake, to try and get some of the bandit off, then gives up. "Need work," she says again. "Spent money on crossbow. All. Hungry now. Guard, I can do. Fight bandits, yup. Susanna work. Susanna eat."

She gives you a smile as if everything makes sense now.

I've never played an int 4 character before, hehe... this should be challenging in social situations :)
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:Consensus is to return to the ring fort.

The adventurers are fully recovered from the harrowing events of their last adventure. Re-armed and re-vitalized, the group makes ready to head south once again.

One point of clarification...Bizenghast needs to decide on a new 1st level spell and also what two spells were scribed upon a scroll.

Lord Beamish's seneschel guides Bizenghast to a locked door in an out of the way place in the hall. The contents of the room show signs of disuse...cobwebs and dust have settled on everything.
There is a workbench, some cabinets, and several slim folios with arcane writing. In essences, all the tools she will need to add a new spell to her spellbook and then create a couple scrolls.
(It will still cost 100sp per scroll to cover some of the hard to find items...such as powdered gemstones, etc.)

Bizenghast will get to work and then tell us the results of her research...
Sending you a PM regarding my new spell & "silvered" weapon. ~Sorry to delay the game. :(

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Welcome, Susanna," Erwin says. "I am Erwin, Cleric of Silvanus. We can always use another sword in our adventures! Fungo, did you find anything? Let's not stay here any longer than we have to."