Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by mythictom »

"Oh, spit and Hades!" Moonglimmer curses as she quickly snaps her hand off the stone.

"I think we need to face the Faerie King," she mumbles. " I just had a brief vision of my ancestors and I think this stone holds the key to my tribe regaining our magic. "

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

The Sorceress takes note of every single rune, mark, nick, and scribble on the stone. Then, rather awkwardly, plops onto the ground with her face in her spell book and mumbles... "I have a method for reading magic and languages, but I'll have to sit here for quite a while."

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep ~ studying Read Magic
L1: Sleep ~ studying Read Languages

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Didn't you make a scroll when we were recovering after our first foray into the ring fort?" Moonglimmer asks the sorceress.

OOC: Bizenghast has 2 scrolls: Detect Magic and Read Languages.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo perks up, Sometimes I can read scrolls. I'm no wizard, but I could try!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress
greyarea wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:14 am
Fungo perks up, Sometimes I can read scrolls. I'm no wizard, but I could try!
EDIT & OOC: Drats, I was thinking of another game system where low level spells can be 'studied' within an hour or three.

Sorry about that... :oops: :problem: :crazy:

The Sorceress clears her throat... "Why, YES - Fungo! What a wonderful idea!"

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 16 times in total.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

At the mention of facing the faerie king Otis snaps to attention and says "Face that guy? Are you sure about that? Oh, I got a baaaaad feeling about this..." Otis ponders the situation for a moment and shrugs, softly muttering... "You'se are the only friends I've got, everyone else makes fun of me. If you're going to see this king elf guy, I'm gonna be there too. But if he tries anything funny, I'm gonna go down fightin..."

Otis withdraws a few feet back and paces about nervously, rubbing the pommel of his sword and glancing about.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Pondering, Moonglimmer turns to Torus and asks, "Does the Faerie King Oberon have a queen? And if so, do they ever squabble? "

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:51 am
Otis - Fighter

At the mention of facing the faerie king Otis snaps to attention and says "Face that guy? Are you sure about that? Oh, I got a baaaaad feeling about this..." Otis ponders the situation for a moment and shrugs, softly muttering... "You'se are the only friends I've got, everyone else makes fun of me. If you're going to see this king elf guy, I'm gonna be there too. But if he tries anything funny, I'm gonna go down fightin..."

Otis withdraws a few feet back and paces about nervously, rubbing the pommel of his sword and glancing about.
"I'm so sad that you feel compelled to take 'x' action because "we're your only friends"! Otis, my friend, I am here - for you- as you're here for me - no question, no doubt, to the end!"
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo scratches his head. He has friends? He shakes his head: no, that doesn't seem right.

He briefly considers picking Otis' pocket, then reconsiders.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Bizenghast spends some time examining the standing stone. The letters are dull in the afternoon sunlight but discernable.

She it doesn't take her too long before she notices that the glyphs have the markings of a magical spell.

There may be a chance to cast the spell right off of the standing stone, but Bizenghast is unsure if it will work or even worse...what if it fails?

Actions?

Four hours to dusk.