Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
badams30

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis glances about nervously and simply offers "Hi. I'm Otis. Otis of Guyre. Thanks for your hospitality, good Sir." As the others are engaging this Cicero fellow, he will keep discreetly looking about at those observing them from the houses around. He'll keep an eye out for anything that appears suspicious (or at least more suspicious...)

OOC: I'm nervous, but we don't have much choice I guess. Ugh.

herself

Post by herself »

"Susanna," Susanna says.

sorry for the weird social interactions with Susanna! She's deeply awkward with people, hehe.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:17 pm
If you are not one of the marked, you are fortunate. You are safe within the confines of Everspring.
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast introduces herself with a slight bow and questions while following Cicero, "What does it mean to be 'marked'?"
herself wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 pm
sorry for the weird social interactions with Susanna! She's deeply awkward with people, hehe.
No worries. :mrgreen:
=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep 6/12/2020
L1: Sleep 7/26/2020

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Regarding Bizenghast's first question, she looks at the lamp posts. They are carved wood, decorative with carved vines and artistic touches. The globe at the top is frosted glass. The light inside radiates with a soft yellow glow. It does not flicker nor give off any odor or heat.

The young magic user is fairly certain that magic is source of this light. There are a couple of these lamp posts at the bridge and one placed every three or four houses along the lane.

Cicero bids you all enter his home. It is far from crude. The carpentry is fine. (Imagine a well built country house in the 19th century.)

He pokes around the fire and puts another piece of firewood on it and then lights a lantern in the room. The room is a large kitchen with a heavy table and a counter. A bowl of lemons sits on the table. Cicero pulls a stone crock from a larder and finds a few clay mugs. "Goat's milk, fresh, if you'd like. I also have a crock of spring water if you'd prefer? There is bread and cheese, please help yourselves. In the morn, I shall introduce you to the other townsfolk. We don't get many visitors. I can't remember the last time we had a visitor..."

He turns to Bizenghast, "Yes, my dear, you were asking what "marked" means. We'll it's not as horrible as it sounds. The fairy king and his retinue enjoy sport and when the moon is full, they choose a "fox" to run. It is all a bit of harmless sport. You must have crossed their path in the woods. You shouldn't be wandering around in the dark like that. Sport is one thing, but breaking the rules is another matter entirely."

Cicero rummages around the house and finds some bedding. You notice that some is flannel, but good quality. Other pieces look to be embroidered, finely detailed stitching. The thread looks like spun gold and silver!

The cottage is warm and comfortable. Thoughts of rest are filling your heads.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer looks to her host. "Cicero, you mentioned I looked like the Fairy King. How so? What is his name? And do you serve him?"

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna is humbled by Cicero’s kindness. And would like to repay it somehow. The fine embroidery is far too fine for her; she thinks hard, then suggests “do ye need someone to look after the goats this eve? I’m no stranger to sleeping in barns.” She blushes and mutters something else but it’s mostly unintelligible.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"I did not mean it in anyway other than to extoll your fair grace and beauty, milady. The fairy king and his retinue bear more than a passing resemblance to your fine features."

"The fairy king is Oberon and this is his domain. I am a humble servant of King Oberon. He has been my king for....well...I can't remember a time when he wasn't my king."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Cicero smiles at Susanna, "You are truly a kind and thoughtful maiden. The goats will be fine tonight. They are safely sleeping in a pen behind my cottage."
Cicero looks at the warrior's strange markings on her forehead, "Hmmm...that is interesting. Where did you get such markings?"

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:33 am
Cicero smiles at Susanna, "You are truly a kind and thoughtful maiden. The goats will be fine tonight. They are safely sleeping in a pen behind my cottage."
Cicero looks at the warrior's strange markings on her forehead, "Hmmm...that is interesting. Where did you get such markings?"
For a moment, the warrior panics, clapping her hand to her head. Then she realises what Cicero is referring to. "Oh that," she shrugs. "I've had it forever. Could never get Da to tell me what it was."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 am
He turns to Bizenghast, "Yes, my dear, you were asking what "marked" means. We'll it's not as horrible as it sounds. The fairy king and his retinue enjoy sport and when the moon is full, they choose a "fox" to run. It is all a bit of harmless sport. You must have crossed their path in the woods. You shouldn't be wandering around in the dark like that. Sport is one thing, but breaking the rules is another matter entirely."
"As strangers here we are not privy to these rules you mention. I feel like we should be - can you tell us what they are?" Erwin asks.