Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
badams30

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Prior to going to sleep (after determining a watch) Otis will spend some time quietly peeking out the window to see if there is any movement within the village or treeline. Seeing nothing, he'll either take watch or fitfully snooze.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis, Fungo, and Erwin all take turns at watch.

Looking at the streen, Otis, notes that the lamp posts are still glowing. Not a building in site has any lights on and no one passes in the street.

The night is quiet and morning arrives with the dawn. The skies are partly clouded and the sun begins its climb into the sky, warm the town of Everspring.

Cicero ambles down the stairs, singing and calling out, "Rise and shine, my friends! Time to greet the morning! it looks like it will be a beautiful day!"

He opens the front door of his cottage and breathes in the air, smiling. Cicero strides out the doorway and walks towards a large building in the center of town. It looks to be a meeting hall. Several other men are waiting nearby. He greets them and they go into the hall.

------------------------------
Moonglimmer, Erwin, and Susanna awaken well rested. They can't rememeber ever having such a good night's rest before. In fact, they have to think really hard to remember what happened yesterday. Was it just a dream or did it actually happen?

Fungo slept poorly. His little fat stomach growled all night. The bed was comfy, but he kept popping up to look out the window and then hopping down to look under the bed. All in all it was quite tiring for a hobbit to go through all that.

Bizenghast slept fitfully. She kept thinking about the standing stone and trying to recall the actions of the creature named Claudius. Something just wasn't adding up right...

Otis didn't rest well either. He thought that Cicero was a nice man, but he wasn't ready to trust him. The thought of breakfast is on his mind and Otis hopes to go looking for the hound they killed last night.

Actons?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast thinks to herself how good her sleep was. She tries to remember when she last had a bed. "Something smells good." as she heads to the main room.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo rubs his eyes and his tummy. He follows the others.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis puts on his armor, gathers his stuff and sheaths his sword, joining the others. He rubs his eyes "I didn't sleep too well, nope. Somethin' just feels funny here. I want to go back to where we came in at, and maybe check out that critter we killed. My momma told me that fightin' never fixes anything, but I'm angry, and I am fixin' to get to the bottom of this." With a stony grimace, he eats with the others, grumbling about this strange village.

OOC: Otis will eat with the others, then he plans to walk around the village for a bit, then head to the area where the dog was killed at. He would like to go back toward where they came in here at, if the others are interested in joining him.

herself

Post by herself »

Ssuanna wakes up, and like the others, marvels at how good she feels. How long has it been since she last slept in a bed? She's reluctant to leave the bed, but when she hears the others moving about, will get up.

There's still a strange uneasiness that seems to be running through the party, a tension like an invisible cord. She feels it, somehow, but can't make any sense out of what it might mean. She's pretty sure she didn't do anything to embarrass herself or the party though, so whatever it is, must be to do with some other business. She will simply get dressed and head to the kitchen to look for breakfast. Failing that, (or if there's anything that sets alarm bells ringing for her!) she's got hard rations in her backpack.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast is very young; remembering her time - her lengthy time... since being a small girl - as a slave of the Harridans, she has never experienced kindness, a bed, food, and life without imminent danger. "I like it here; I don't want to leave." she says matter of factly, but to no one in particular.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep
(L1) Read Languages

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:04 am
"I like it here; I don't want to leave." she says matter of factly, but to no one in particular.
Moonglimmer frowns and looks the young sorceress dead in the eye.

"That's because you did not follow my advice. You ate the food in Fairyland. All the stories say eating our host's offering can bind us to remain here. Let us hope the compulsion is temporary."

The elf looks around at her friends. "Shall we split apart for our investigations or stay together? I intend to follow our host to his meeting. Perhaps Everspring's other residents can reveal more clues."

OOC: I didn't get any notifications again!!! I will be checking back once a day from now on.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC--several of you wish to do different things. Splitting the parry, look at the dead hound, and so on.

Before I continue, tell me where your character will go this morning. Then we will continue. :)

Also, @MythicTom, when I click on "notifications" at the top of the page and theb click "settings", I see some check boxes regarding notification preferences. Maybe that is what you need to look at?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"Let us not split up, we know too little about this place and its dangers. I suggest we all take a look around town and then head back to where we killed the hound," Erwin says. Minding Moonglimmer's warning, he eats some cold rations for breakfast.