Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by jcftao »

The forest surrounds you. High above sits a full moon and a standing stone is nearby. A chorus of tree frogs fills the night air and shortly another voice is added. In the distance, you hear the sound of dogs baying. The sound carries in through the trees, faint at first but growing louder. A horn sounds, low and strong. It is a foreboding sound.

Actions?

mythictom

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:The forest surrounds you. High above sits a full moon and a standing stone is nearby. A chorus of tree frogs fills the night air and shortly another voice is added. In the distance, you hear the sound of dogs baying. The sound carries in through the trees, faint at first but growing louder. A horn sounds, low and strong. It is a foreboding sound.

Actions?
At the sound of the horns, Moonglimmer goes rigid.

"Spit and Hades!" she curses with a frown. "I think we are now the prey in the Wild Hunt."

The elf turns to Bizenghast, "Do you recognize the runes? Claudius told you to watch him, as if you might be able to undo the spell...."

OOC: Can Moonglimmer tell from which direction the horn sounded? How far away? Perhaps Attercop's spider-senses can help! hehe

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says,I want to wake up from this dream. I don't like being down below...

He has his blade drawn and is ready to flee with the others.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna listens hard. Does it sound like a large group approaches?
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

As the Sorceress tries the runes Claudius activated to teleport us, she tells the group, "We shouldn't run; don't give them what they want - "a hunt" - I think we should stand our ground, with dignity. ...no more running."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

connivingsumo wrote:Bizenghast: Sorceress

As the Sorceress tries the runes Claudius activated to teleport us, she tells the group, "We shouldn't run; don't give them what they want - "a hunt" - I think we should stand our ground, with dignity. ...no more running."
Bizenghast tries desperately to see the runes, but even in the light of the moon, she is still having trouble seeing them.

The baying of the hounds is getting louder.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

"Claudius said we are here to serve his king," Moonglimmer reminds the group. "And that we are hunted. So the hunt is either to capture or kill. "

Moonglimmer looks to each of her friends. "Our choice is to face the Hunt, and either be caught or killed. Or...." she pauses, "we run, seek the Fairy King on our own terms, and perhaps earn his respect."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis, quite visibly nervous by the sounds of the hounds and the horn says "I like to run, you know... and I think this would be a good time for all of us to run."

OOC: Yup, I think we should bust a move and get out of here. Although if that pillar thing is here, we probably should take a peek at landmarks so that we don't lose track of where this thing is, just in case it is our only way to get back home...

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna nods. (Does she agree it sounds like they are outnumbered?) “What if we can find a better place to get a better look at these hunters from afar, before we meet them in battle?”

she wants to run also!
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"I agree with Moonglimmer, let's meet this King on our own terms," Erwin says. "Now I think we must go!"

Any direction away from the approaching hunt is fine.