Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 5 Into the Fey Realm

Post by jcftao »

"It is no great burden to live in Everspring. We have good land for crops, bountiful fruit trees, and a clean spring for water. The king will grace us with a rare visit and we have a festival in his honor. We live simple lives, and we know to stay within our town when the night falls. There are dangers beyond the river and the fairy king protects us from harm. The only other rule is when you are marked, you run. It is not as gloomy as you'd think, my friends. Why, I have been chosen many times. The worst that has happened to me is spraining an ankle when I tripped on a tree root."

"Come, rest your burdens for the night. Tomorrow will be here soon enough and you can meet the rest of the townsfolk..."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis will pass on the goatsmilk, as their host mentions how harmless the hunt is, Otis glances wide-eyed at his companions. He'll find a quiet spot to rest, and he'll keep his gear very close at hand in case a rapid departure is called for.

OOC: Oh man, this place is nuts. I don't trust anyone here. It's probably a good idea to keep a watch tonight, but in an inconspicuous way. We're kind of at the mercy of this town at the moment. I do want to go back to where we killed that dog thing in the morning, if they withdrew without taking it, I'd like to see what it was.

herself

Post by herself »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:05 pm

OOC: Oh man, this place is nuts. I don't trust anyone here. It's probably a good idea to keep a watch tonight, but in an inconspicuous way. We're kind of at the mercy of this town at the moment. I do want to go back to where we killed that dog thing in the morning, if they withdrew without taking it, I'd like to see what it was.
OOC: agreed! It will be interesting to see also if the hunt is a nocturnal one, or if we are expected to “run” during the day as well...
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo stays up saying, You know I’m not feeling so tired right now, seeing as it was daytime when we left the non-fey realm or whatever home is. I’ll stay up. Maybe I’ll wake the someone else up when I get sleepy, so I can borrow their toothbrush or something.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:28 pm
Fungo stays up saying, You know I’m not feeling so tired right now, seeing as it was daytime when we left the non-fey realm or whatever home is. I’ll stay up. Maybe I’ll wake the someone else up when I get sleepy, so I can borrow their toothbrush or something.
Does Fungo drink any of the goat's milk or try the bread and cheese? :twisted:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Uncharacteristically, Fungo isn't hungry, his usual famishment abated by the strange events.

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna’s inclined to take people at face value, but that has got her into trouble in the past...she looks over at the others, and shrugs questioningly. Does anything about Cicero’s house feel...off? She looks around.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 pm
greyarea wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:28 pm
Does Fungo drink any of the goat's milk or try the bread and cheese? :twisted:
Bizenghast asks... "If I am marked and caught - are there any consequences?"

Bizenghast will drink the Goat's Milk, and eat the Bread & Cheese. Then - expectedly - wait for the results!

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

"I say we take nothing at face value here," Erwin whispers to his friends when their host is not within earshot. He avoids the local fare and sleeps lightly, one eye open.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Susanna looks around the cottage. She notices that it is well built and clean. Although there is no sign of any other occupants, it is a large house for one person. It has two floors. Cicero opens several doors to rooms on the first floor. There are beds and furniture. The beds all have mattresses but no bedding. Cicero gave you the bedding.

The cottage doesn't feel "off" to Susanna, only empty.

----------------------------------------

Bizenghast drinks some milk and eats the bread and cheese. Everything is delicious, much better than the rations in her pack.

-----------------------------------------

Otis, Fungo, and Erwin all keep watch with either one eye or two eyes open.

-----------------------------------------
Cicero bids you all a good night and climbs the stairs taking his candle with him.