Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by jcftao »

Hadrian says, "Your shaman friend is heading towards the keep. We must hurry to find her before she is captured!"

And with that, Hadrian and Susanna leave the cave behind and move northward through the forest.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:52 am
Fungo begins humming and slowly growing to singing a song from his youth about how stinky hobgoblins are. He improvises verses about new smells that are much those of hobgoblins, including old shoes, dead fish, and rotting chicken carcasses.
The hobgoblin laughs, "Complement me all you will, little man. I'll still be dragging you out at dawn. The headsman's axe put an end to your endless prattling!"

With that, the guard rises, scratches himself, and takes the lamp. "A quick trip to the loo and then I'll be back to tuck you in with me boot..."

He leaves poor little Fungo alone in the dark.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:46 pm
tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:20 am
mythictom wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 pm
(Sure, I go out for the day and miss all these plot points!)

Moonglimmer sees Bizenghast and Bengar trail after the faerie troop, so she decides to parallel their trek, remaining hidden within the safety of the woodlands.
OC: I'm not quite sure where Bengar is. I thought he was trailing Moonglimmer. Also, why is he soaking wet?
Here's what I think happened...I'm not sure, but just making an assumption ;)

Bengar decided to follow Moonglimmer. He had to wait a few moments until the hobgoblins went away. Then, the dwarf grabbed the bronze spear that Moonglimmer left behind for him. Moonglimmer and the spider moved really quickly north of town and crossed the river. The spider aided her over the river either by jumping into the trees and helping her cross. They quickly fled to the forest to the west and hid.

Bengar didn't have a spider friend, this side of the river was more meadow and hilly but the other side was forest, so he figured the elf would have gone west. He tried to find a boat, but could only find a log washed up on the bank. The dwarf crossed the river, getting sopping wet, came up the bank and [to start tying things together here] met Bizenghast, who was following the fairies. Moonglimmer could see Biz and Bengar meet on the road and decided to trail them. I'm sure at this moment that the elf and spider are hidden from the other two.
Works for me! Bengar will stick with Biz, then, following the fairies, cursing his wet clothes and bedraggled beard.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo says, You know Carondolet, I think the issue is that I never ate the food here. You see, we were transported to this place and I just ate my pemmican and hard tack, since it's my mother's recipe and I missed her back home. I bet that's why I never got so integrated with you fay folk. I bet if I just had a real meal, not that porridge you're eating but a real meal. Like steak and a side of root veggies and maybe a salad. I bet if I ate that then I'd be a new hobbit and my past would be just that: my past. I could be a loyal servant of the court, like you are, Carondolet. I could participate in hunts: on either side, mind you, and be happy as a clam when doing that.

Mmmm, clams. You ever eat clams, Carondolet? I ain't smelled the sea since I've been here, so I'm guessing no. But clams are good. And they look like they're always smiling. In fact, when you open them the grow from a smile to a huge, gaping grin. As if to say, "Thrilled to be here for you. Please, carve out my innards with a knife and suck them down. I'm here to serve."

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not asking for clams. I have a strict schedule. Yep. I have heady business to attend to tomorrow morning. But that steak and veggies, maybe with a side of mead. That would do the trick. And then I'd be one of you and maybe get a different hearing.

Now, Carondolet, I know we ain't friends. You've made that clear. And while the knuckle sandwiches are in great supply, they aren't as filling as you might guess. Nope. So maybe you could ask the king, if his nose ever healed, maybe you could ask him or the queen to give me that last meal. Or, as I like to call it, the first meal of the rest of my life.

What do you say, good old Carondolet?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Hopefully Fungo waited until the guard returned from the toilet otherwise he would've been talking to himself in a dark cell.
Otherwise, Carondolet opens the cell once again and grabs the little hobbit by the shackles and hangs him upside down on the wall.

"I'll be back...just going to pop down to the supply room and fetch a gag...won't be a minute...you just hang around..."

He leaves and takes the lamp with him, leaving the poor little hobbit alone again.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Lots of back and forth - I posted Otis' actions yesterday, just in case they were overlooked.... he's charmed but he's a wildcard here...

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 pm
Lots of back and forth - I posted Otis' actions yesterday, just in case they were overlooked.... he's charmed but he's a wildcard here...
Yes, I'll post the adventures of Otis when I get a moment. I still think he'd look good in that jester's outfit...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo yells, Thank you, Carondolet. That bench was getting uncomfortable. Now I can really stretch, after the retreating light.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:35 pm
badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 pm
Yes, I'll post the adventures of Otis when I get a moment. I still think he'd look good in that jester's outfit...
"minstrel" !!! Hehe

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:48 pm
Fungo says, ... "Thrilled to be here for you. Please, carve out my innards with a knife and suck them down. I'm here to serve."
Well done!