Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by badams30 »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:54 pm
jcftao wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:35 pm
badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 pm
Lots of back and forth - I posted Otis' actions yesterday, just in case they were overlooked.... he's charmed but he's a wildcard here...
Yes, I'll post the adventures of Otis when I get a moment. I still think he'd look good in that jester's outfit...
"minstrel" !!! Hehe
If he wasn't charmed I'd have him get dressed in the outfit and go on a murderous rampage in the court. It'd be epic.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

If he wasn't charmed I'd have him get dressed in the outfit and go on a murderous rampage in the court. It'd be epic.
Otis is much too charming for that! :lol:

herself

Post by herself »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:50 pm
That would be amazing.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

herself wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:22 am
badams30 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:50 pm
That would be amazing.
I concur! :mrgreen:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

While she and the spider slip unseen through the forest, does Moonglimmer find evidence of them being followed or watched? Or of any sentries along the trail to the fort?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:46 am
While she and the spider slip unseen through the forest, does Moonglimmer find evidence of them being followed or watched? Or of any sentries along the trail to the fort?
Moonglimmer and Attercop stealthily move through the forest, keeping a close watch on Bizenghast and Bengar. There appears to be no one following now. It is quite dark, but that is no hindrance to a wood elf or a giant spider.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis is given his new clothes and the servant shows him a chamber just near the foot of the tall tower. In it is a small bed with a straw mattress, a tiny wash stand and cracked basin. A dingy pitcher sits nearby. The stub of a candle sits on a windowsill. Throwing his new outfit on the bed, Otis begins rambling through the keep. The tall tower is connected to the keep. Otis finds a flight of stairs. Torches throw shadows on the stairwell.

It seems that most of the fairies are drinking in the great hall with the king. Otis moves up the steps and passes several doors. They are locked. He continues to climb until he reaches an open door. Inside it is a lit room with a large hobgoblin in black armor. He spies Otis and makes a sour face and growls, "This room is off limits to you by order of King Oberon!"

As Otis looks at the guard, he hears footsteps from below. A maiden (fairie) is climbing the stairs with a tray. On it is a fine china soup bowl, a half loaf of bread, and a dish of butter. "Excuse me, please, my lord." She smiles at Otis and waits.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bengar and Bizenghast walk the forest road. It is lit by moonlight, but the dwarf still helps Bizenghast navigate the darkness. The forest opens up and a keep can be seen, the entrance lit by torches. The sound of revelry drifts towards them. Guards are stationed at the gatehouse. No one is moving out of the keep. The road is deserted for now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo begins singing:

The rain in Thaerene
Are mainly hobgoblin brains

The pain in Thaerene
Are ‘cause fae are all insane

He sings loudly and gleefully.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer will slip from the forest to stand beside a tree where Bizenghast and Bengar can see her (but not spied from the fort).

"Dwarf, I see you found the spear I left for you," the elf will whisper from the shadows. "Have a dagger too," she will say as she tosses him a bronze dagger.

Moonglimmer then looks at Bizenghast. "Where is Susanna? Was she slain? Or did she stay in the village?"

OOC: Bengar now has a bronze dagger.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:26 am
Moonglimmer then looks at Bizenghast. "Where is Susanna? Was she slain? Or did she stay in the village?"
Bizenghast: Sorceress

Without looking directly at Moonglimmer, she returns the whisper, "She went with that village resident named Haridan; he's the one with the same marking as her. I think they went the opposite direction of me and the caravan, so she's not here by this keep." Bizenghast nods in the direction of the keep.

"I don't want to be here, but I couldn't leave Otis. I know what it's like to be a prisoner." Her voice trails off as she's temporarily lost in her memories.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep