Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 6 ~ The Party's Over

Post by mythictom »

Moonglimmer is overjoyed and overwhelmed.

She immediately joins in the dancing, while simultaneously listening - almost expecting - the music to strike a familiar chord deep in her heart. A stray thought that she may be yet again disappointed is shooed away with each new song.

She keeps her presence of mind enough to note the unusual guests, but cannot help but persue her missing song.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Bizenghast: Sorceress

Bizenghast, having never wanted to make enemies here, forgets her troubles and joins in the frolicking! She begins *singing, her voice beautiful and braided in the song and music of the Fairy Folk. Furthest from her mind is her slavery, torture, and misery among her Harridan Masters.

*Bizenghast has a hauntingly beautiful voice, indicated on her character sheet at time of creation.

=============
Memorized Spells:
L0: Smoke
L1: Sleep
L1: Sleep

Spell Book:
(L0) Smoke (tea cup size/volume)
(L1) Read Magic
(L1) Detect Magic
(L1) Sleep

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna is much too shy to join in the festivities, but she will watch the proceedings intently. She's interested in this cat character; is he as large as she is, or "Fungo sized"?

When she gets a moment (after the dancing, perhaps) she'll rush over to her friends and ask how they are doing.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Susanna watches the cat with interest. (He is Fungo sized ;) )
The cat steps away from the tree and doffs his hat in a most gracious and courtly manner, "Mademoiselle, I am Guyot de Fortunato, at your service!"

He smiles with rakish confidence and then says, "Beware, madamoiselle, your dance partners...they appear determined..."

A frollick of fairies descends on Susanna, laughing, lighting up the forest in multi-colored splendor, and dancing circles around the warrior.

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 am
Susanna watches the cat with interest. (He is Fungo sized ;) )
The cat steps away from the tree and doffs his hat in a most gracious and courtly manner, "Mademoiselle, I am Guyot de Fortunato, at your service!"

He smiles with rakish confidence and then says, "Beware, madamoiselle, your dance partners...they appear determined..."

A frollick of fairies descends on Susanna, laughing, lighting up the forest in multi-colored splendor, and dancing circles around the warrior.
Susanna will blush and try her version of a curtsey. But it's difficult in her dad (well, the man she thought of as her dad)'s plate mail. She will protest to the fairies that she cannot dance, and then, cheekily, suggests that perhaps Hadrian might be lighter on his feet than she...

If they let her be, she'll turn back to Guyot de Fortunato. "Mr. Fortunato, do you live in this forest? Or are you a friend of the Elf Lord, and live instead in the keep?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The cat smiles, "My lady, I am not welcome at the King's court. He banished me for some slight, too trivial to mention. He is quite mercurial when he feels affronted. But, no, I am not from here, I come from a beautiful land known as a Catalan. Perhaps you've heard of this beautiful island? Come away with me madam, I will take you there! This land of fairies grows tiresome!"

The fairies have lost interest in Susanna and Guyot. As Susanna looks over at Hadrian, she sees his has joined in the dance to the delight of the fairies in the circle.

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:49 pm
The cat smiles, "My lady, I am not welcome at the King's court. He banished me for some slight, too trivial to mention. He is quite mercurial when he feels affronted. But, no, I am not from here, I come from a beautiful land known as a Catalan. Perhaps you've heard of this beautiful island? Come away with me madam, I will take you there! This land of fairies grows tiresome!"

The fairies have lost interest in Susanna and Guyot. As Susanna looks over at Hadrian, she sees his has joined in the dance to the delight of the fairies in the circle.
Susanna says “yes, we would like to leave here too. I do not like how things are not what they seem. Your Catalan sounds nice. How would you get there? Do you know the secret of the stones?”

She looks back down the trail / way through the trees towards the keep. “Plus some of my friends are still stuck in the keep. We have to get them out but I don’t know how.”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Guyot de Fortunato brushes his vest and adjusts a plume in his hat, "It takes a...how do say...a conduit or vessel through which the magic may pass. I am a noble of the golden isle of Catalan, but unfortunately, I am no conduit of magic."

He examines a claw, "The fey all know how to work these stones. They just won't do it for us normal folk. None of the fey want to cross their king and queen. Actually, I think that Titania is much worse than her husband. She can't stand me for some reason. I don't think she cares for people that like to hear themselves talk?! No?"

"If you can find a conduit, mademoiselle, I shall help you rescue your companions!" Guyot draws his sword, "Upon my honor, I, Guyot de Fortunato de la Catalan, pledge my sword to your cause!"

herself

Post by herself »

When Bizenghast dances by Susanna will try and tug on her sleeve to get her attention. "Hey!" she'll say. "I think I found someone who can help us!"

She doesn't know about any of this "conduit" stuff though. Maybe Bizenghast will know.

Then she will hug the small cat. Carefully.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Guyot feigns protest, "Madamoiselle! I...uh..oof...you're crushing my hat...madamoiselle!"

If Guyot weren't covered in orange fur, Susanna would have seen him turn beet red.